1992 Bontrager Race

bontyfiend

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I got an MBUK Grimetime bike maintenance book way back when, which had a picture of an "exploded" Marin in the back. I always wanted to do that - lay a complete bike in bits out, take a pic and chuck it all together, so here goes:

Attachments

• race exploded.JPG
    race exploded.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,894
Unfortunately, I didn't go the whole hog with rims, spokes, nipples etc. I wasn't about to dismantle a pair of wheels for the sake of completeness!

I'm planning to do the Real Ale Wobble on this next w/e, so maybe see some of you there!

i seem to randomly do this too....tinkering is a great passtime and a ready excuse to polish things within an inch of their lives and put a mint bike back together.......wouldnt mind seeing a piccy of that rebuilt......

:LOL:
good start...I really need to work on getting all my parts together in close range to the frame they will be going on.

Okay! Finished building on Thursday night. I was up until 1:30 setting up the gears so I could leave for the Wobble straight from work on Friday, and I still haven't caught up with the sleep!

Here are a couple of pics from before it got christened in the good honest welsh mud... :D

Attachments

• Race built.JPG
    Race built.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,627
  • race built1.JPG
    race built1.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 1,627
Back