Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:15 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm 
Retro Guru

Nobody has a pink frame :(
Should have got my Summit replaced due to a bend, never bothered.

Hello yes :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Here are some pics of my bike after a ride this evening. Sounds like the crank started to give out on the way round too so will have to look into that.

Nice bike to ride though.

Attachments:
File comment: After cleaning
IMG_1103 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1103 (Medium).JPG [ 271.26 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]
File comment: Before cleaning
IMG_1102 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1102 (Medium).JPG [ 265.75 KiB | Viewed 586 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:57 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Amazing how it's only dirty on one side... :lol:

Um, any reason your crud catcher is set up to protect the ground from being muddied by you, as oppose to the more regular other way round? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm 
Dirt Disciple

If I put it the right way round (on the ground side of the frame) then it fowled on the cables for the gearing as they both pass underneath the frame. It works just as well on the top like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:18 am 

Tetsu0san wrote:
If I put it the right way round (on the ground side of the frame) then it fowled on the cables for the gearing as they both pass underneath the frame. It works just as well on the top like that.

Ah, we had similar clearance issues on Kiran's SuperNormal, I spaced it out with a rubber strip (stickyback window foam) to clear the cables.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:15 am 
Dirt Disciple

A recent life change has made me decide that as I don't ride it any more, maybe I should sell the Raleigh Peak. As a rough guide, what does anyone think it's worth? Is it actually worth selling or shall I just leave it at the back of the shed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:41 am 

Probably not a lot is the brutal answer :( You could imagine it slipping by on evilbay for as little as £60 or even less, but it will have been many folks' introduction to off-road (or at least one of the K2 range will have been) so you might get a bite on here for a bit more.

Unless it's a medium (looks large?) - my size - in which case twenty quid posted and send me your details! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:19 pm 
Old School Hero

OP - I have one of these bikes, pics posted soon, just waiting on the rear wheel to be serviced.

Eveything has been cleaned up, and its looking good. Most of the paint work is sound, other that the rear seat stay (about 1inch of paint missing and rust, near the bottom drain hole!). I am thinking of treating the rust, then a sand down, and re-spray.

Do you have an idea of a colour match for the blue paint work? Has your suffered rust?

Only things changed on mine is the seat (old one was orignal but rotten), and the inner/outer cables. The rear wheel is making a horrific noise so went to the local bike shop for repair. Front wheel OK, the bottom bracket is next, lots of loose play. Never changed one before but willing to give it a go, can you point me in the right direction for a good modern easy replacement?

Finally the LX pedals are shot, and I have on order some replacement SPDs, from looking at them there is no way to restore/service the LX pedals, correct?

One thing I have learned is that these bikes are a PITA to clean, so many nooks and crannies for gunk to build up!

It now has guards on, narrow slicks, an Ebay special bright light and is ready for commute duty. If I am comfortable with it and its all working, it may be used for tour duty.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:39 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I had one of these from new , it was traded into raleigh for their new mtrax , biggest regret I ever made , always looking to get another, loved the blue colour and alloy components.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:28 pm 

I have owned a 92 summit and a 93 Apex with a girvin flexi stem!. I loved the Summit and wish I still had it. Just this evening a saw a 92 peak for sale for £30 so bought it. It is in totally original condition and in excellent condition so will give it a good clean and service and use it to tow my baby grandson along my local cycle routes!. It is incredibly light.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next