Fat Chance Yo Eddy-1994**Finished for now-pics pg3**

stocko

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I just got home to find this frame on my doorstep.
Ever since i seen one of these in MBUK many years ago ridden by Dave Hemmings,it's the bike i've always said one day i'd like to own.
Thanks to Retrobike member-MJN-this has been made possible

Going back to the mid 90's,when racing xc for Royce UK i had an Orange E2( which was sadly stolen :cry: ) and then a Pace RC200 F5, but good as these both were,the thought of a tricked out Yo Eddy has always been what i wanted.

So now i have the chance......!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0416 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0416 (Small).JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,022
  • IMG_0415 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0415 (Small).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 3,022
Nice one :cool: any build plans? I've got one too but not as nice a condition.

Yes i have a plan...... :D

Have quite a few bits for it so will start putting it together soon-(hopefully have it built for Isle of Wight dec ride)............

Good luck with the build. I've tried keeping up with Marcus on that frame around Dalby on many occasions- it's a flyer. Don't forget to get over to Fatcogs with it.

Si

tis a beauty look forward to seeing what you do with the old girl- are you keeping the pace's for some front bounce?

Mine is rigid and is so precise and direct- great bikes, enjoy!

Very nice. Yo Eddy! in aquafade. I think 1994 for the only year for the Mass built frames in this finishing. 1995 for the NY ones. By 96 Chameleon more or less took over in numbers is my guess. With a momentum of 2yrs imo aquafade is still among the most well known and highly regarded FAT paints.

What are your plans for it?

As for the plan's for this build( which is also my first ) i've been slowly collecting parts so that the bike will 'hopefully' go together fairly quick.
It will be based around this:-
Ringle, Cooks, King, plus a NIB X-lite ti h/bar

Oh and Yes the forks are staying on..!!

Just an update to whats been happening since i took delivery of this frame last week.

I've managed to get the King H/set pressed in,so now that job has been done i can start to concentrate on building this beast up.....!!!!

The Ringle stem and H20 has gone on,and am now awaiting a custom shim for the seatpost.

Wheels(Ringle hubs/217's) should be here this week plus few other bits,so coming together quite nice :D

Next stop- a trip to Royce UK for bb to be fitted............

Attachments

• IMG_0427 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0427 (Small).JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,743
  • IMG_0426 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0426 (Small).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,743
Back