Orange P7

northerndave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Thanks to MikeC for the frame, got a rain day project to put a new bike together.

I know it's nearly colour coordinated, but that's what I had around..

Powder coated P7 with a few bits of XTR, XT and some little bits of bling... Only thing is, I can't help but think it's a bit small - that top tube makes it a bit cramped... Hmmm, I'll have to mull that one over..

DSC_2209.jpg

DSC_2210.jpg

DSC_2211.jpg

DSC_2212.jpg

DSC_2213.jpg

I believe I may have said this before, and if not, some of you may have noticed, but they are my favourite bikes, and that's a nice one!!!

It's a great looking bike, but the Orange size 17 is quite small, even for its intended riders. These figures are what Orange gave for a few years later, but I think they were the same at the time of your bike

size 15, top tube 52.4, head tube 8.5, height 5-3 to 5-7
size 17, top tube 54.4, head tube 8.5, height 5-6 to 5-9
size 19, top tube 56.3, head tube 12.0, height 5-8 to 6-1
size 21, top tube 58.3, head tube 14.0, height 6-0 to 6-4

The top tubes are on the short side, but not markedly so, but all of the head tubes are a bit short, especially as the forks are also short, non-suspension-adjusted ones. But the odd thing in the progression is the extremely short head tube for the size 17. I don't know why they did that, but combined with the forks, it gives a very low front end indeed for a size 17 and I think it's that which makes the bike feel small.

Latest posts

Back