1994 Orange Vit-T2 - Finished 05/12/09

Tallpaul

Gold Trader
BACKGROUND

A link in the MTB eBay & Marketplace Watch forum led me to the listing for this. After emailing the seller with an offer and some haggling, it was delivered from North Lincolnshire a few days later:

DSC01067.jpg

First impressions were of a nice frame covered in filthy parts, a couple of hours of cleaning proved me right!

Plus points included the USE post and the fact the Judy's seemed to be serviceable, oh and the M230TIB rims were nice too. The drive train was filthy but actually all seemed to be in good order. The year is based on the decals, which match a 1994 Clockwork I had previously. However, it could well be later.

After stripping it down, the bare frame looked like this:

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

As useable as the parts were, they weren't really befitting of Orange's flagship frame. So I set about assembling a mix of components more sympathetic to the frame.

SPECIFICATION

Frame: 1994 Orange Vit-T2 19". Serial No: A3128685

Fork: Pace RC-35

Headset: Shimano STX with M:part Ahead Convertor
Stem: Titec Titanium
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: Ritchey WCS Foam

Brakes: Shimano M732
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Cables: Shimano XT
Brake Levers: Dia-Compe SS7

Shifters: Shimano XT M732 Thumb-Shifters
Front Derailleur: Shimano M735 XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M910
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano HG-70 12-28t
Chain: Shimano HG-90
Cranks: Shimano XT M730
Chainrings: Middleburn Hardcoat
Bottom Bracket: RPM 122.5mm Square Taper
Pedals: Shimano XTR M970 SPD

Hub Skewers: Suntour
Rims: Rear: Mavic 217TIB, Front: Ritchey Vantage
Hubs: Shimano XTR M900 32h
Tyres: Ritchey Z-Max Megabite

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Ti
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite

Weight: TBC

I'm happy with the majority of the components, although the BB weighs 318g! The stem is slightly too short, ideally I'll find a nice 1" quill stem and revert to a threaded setup.

CATALOGUE

Vit-t2.jpg

PICTURES

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01186.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

DSC01188.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

nice

north lincolnshire eh? this one slipped from under my radar and out of the county!

lewis1641":1crcxe8v said:
nice

north lincolnshire eh? this one slipped from under my radar and out of the county!

x 2.

I need some titanium in my life.

<<sigh>>

........one day.........

that is sooooo sweet- really looking forward to seeing what you do with the old girl, I join pickle in the long-sigh, one-day, daydream!

btw if you have no use for the lx rear mech let me know ;)

That's the ebay one right?? Looks lovely and I'll add my name to the daydreamers. :roll: Looking forward to seeing it built. ;)

Back