Q&D pics of 1992 ? Specialized S-works Steel

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked up last night whilst on my nightshift from one of the Xerox engineers.

He used to part own a Bike shop in Swindon called Total Fitness,..this has been hanging in his garage for many years..and has seen little use.

I haven't even cleaned the steed yet.....but thought you might enjoy the as it is pics.

20f148f9.jpg

2e83edb8.jpg

e15e5e5a.jpg

5e184ff7.jpg

3c1b00c7.jpg

7256cd6c.jpg

f27cf232.jpg

d81702da.jpg

Not sure of size..but reckon around 18in..
Serial No starts 92...so reckon 1992

Hope you like....i do...going to be a good day today....the P7 i bought off Ebay should be here also.....hope i can stay up... :)

Regards Keith

O lucky man! What a find.

20" (centre-to-top) I think. It looks to have a bit more head tube than my 19" Stumpjumper. And I think that's the '93 model: the frame would have been manufactured in 1992, hence the '92 serial number. My '92 Stumpjumper has a '91 serial number.

some lucky sausage found one of those down their local tip - its on the site somewhere.

you too are a lucky sausage...

Should you find the saddle and stem to be a bad fit, please get in touch.

I have been after one for (literally) years now...

Great bike. It's a '92 (like mine)...

I would also take the bars and grips if you wanted to replace those also...

Cheers,
BB.

legrandefromage":1n2ctugu said:
some lucky sausage found one of those down their local tip - its on the site somewhere.

you too are a lucky sausage...

I've never been refered to as a lucky sausage before :LOL:

Great bike by the way. Wish I had the budget to restore mine, sure BB will do it justice though!

that is really lovely........i think the minimalistic early specs are wonderfull and with a bit of tlc that will ride great.....you are a lucky man!!!!

Many thanks for the kind comments guys....i am chuffed with my first retro purchase...as for was it a bargain...well it certainly wasn't £7..

I paid £250..which i felt was as excellent price...no doubt those in the know would be able to confirm whether the newbe did Ok or not ?

My..some of you are very carniverous :LOL: .....circling like the bike was a carcass..

I have no intentions of changing the spec or splitting the ride..its deserves to stay exactly as it always has....( with the possible exception of a tyre change )

I mean why change anything else?..it does do, afterall, exactly as it is named...Works

K

Back