maverick clunker! :)

hoegaardenadds1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
how cool is this!

love the leather staps to stop the brakes over reaching.

the rear brakes have stops on the brake pads too :cool:

Attachments

• clunker! 004 (Medium).jpg
    clunker! 004 (Medium).jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1,509
  • clunker! 003 (Medium).jpg
    clunker! 003 (Medium).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,509
  • clunker! 002 (Medium).jpg
    clunker! 002 (Medium).jpg
    150 KB · Views: 1,509
  • clunker! 001 (Medium).jpg
    clunker! 001 (Medium).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,509
I had one of these,brings back memories.It was coloured blue,changed it from 5 to 15 speeds,rode it to death,then cut the frame up.My first mtb.

I had the 15 speed one, I was an absolute nightmare for Raleigh, went through 3 wheelsets in about 6 months, not bad considering I weighed less than 10 stone. In the end I put in some Fat-tec grease-eeze axles and no more problems, two of my mates had the bike after me, until it was knicked in Turnpike Lane. Those frames are surprisingly well made, definitely keepers.

I agree with LGF, a nice brooks seat and some cranks would set it off.

I'd also loose the reflectors (even though they have probably been on there 20 odd years :LOL: ) and fit some burly pedals.

I see you´re in Colchester, I did my art and design foundation course there, I can just imagine riding that up the hill from the college to the h¡gh street! Talking of which, that was where my first good mtb got nicked, A Diamond Back Ascent EX, I was well gutted, I remember riding all around Colchester looking for it afterwards...

Yes: good bikes for their time. In my early teens I cycled over a good part of Scotland on mine and did some fairly serious off-roading on it.

This one isn't my childhood one, but it has been in my family since new. Need to do a bit to it, but its in great shape for its age.

Attachments

• Maverick 001.JPG
    Maverick 001.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Maverick 002.JPG
    Maverick 002.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Maverick 003.JPG
    Maverick 003.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,242
just fitting some cough modern cough tyres and brake pads and she'll be done. rides so nicely real sit up[ and beg style but handles really nicely (in a lorry kind of way)

Back