Got one at last - an Orange C-16R. Isn't she gorgeous!

Wheelnut

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought this from Neil A last week and I love it. :D

It's a C16-R and is a real credit to Neil, who bought it new in 1996. He had it refinished in orange powder coat at the factory in 2000 and they applied Clockwork tenth anniversary decals - but then it remained sitting in his garage ever since. Everything about it is pretty much mint, including the STX RC groupset and the XT rear mech. It even came with a set of new slick tyres and a brand new F7 fork with uncut steerer.

But there were a few things about that I felt didn't look quite right so decided to make a few subtle changes. I took off the Manitou forks and fitted the rigid F7s along with an aheadset and new Ritchey stem. I also swopped the bars for flats, took off the silly rear mudguard and changed the pedals for black ones. Also, I wasn't convinced about the red anodising on the brake levers, so they went too. Finally, I replaced the slicks with some knobbly tyres to toughen it up a bit.

Anyway, here's how it looks now. Hope it gets your collective approval.

Attachments

• OR00175sss.jpg
    OR00175sss.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 995
Nice clean looking bike - Id put a black seatpost on to match the black stem and fork... Is this going to be the tourer??

Oh and the silly mudguard is a rare and cool crud guard - treasure it!!!!!

(still not a p7 tho is it... ;) ) :LOL: :LOL:

fingers":262n52o5 said:
Nice clean looking bike - Id put a black seatpost on to match the black stem and fork... Is this going to be the tourer??

Oh and the silly mudguard is a rare and cool crud guard - treasure it!!!!!

(still not a p7 tho is it... ;) ) :LOL: :LOL:

A black seatpost is on the list, so is a P7, and as for the 'world tour' spec, I've been working on that too. Take a look at this:

Attachments

• OR00077sss.jpg
    OR00077sss.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 958
Back