Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:56 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:33 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Posts: 522
Location: Netherlands
Slow6 wrote:
Will you be part of my one man wooden grip R&D team?


:D :D
...let the postman do his job and I shall do mine...

Count me in for 'the team' as a (or should I say 'the') member.
Sound very important: 'the one man wooden grip R&D team' 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:46 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:25 pm
Posts: 577
Location: Australia
Thought I should update the spec sheet and post a recent Pic in this thread.
Pretty close to happy with the bike now.. It hammers along silently and since the bombers and new headset went on I have a new found confidence in it. Magics have been swapped out for the larger tread of the smokes and darts which I much prefer. Sadly I cracked one of the rosewood grips being impatient and a little brutal while swapping bars and levers, a good excuse to make a new set I guess.

Things I'd like to do to it still are try out a flite saddle, perhaps upgrade the derailleurs (although the cheapies haven't left me wanting yet), Build it a wheelset and maybe one look at getting the rear shock replaced with something nice.


Attachments:
UPDATE.jpg
UPDATE.jpg [ 246.17 KiB | Viewed 5219 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:33 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:25 pm
Posts: 577
Location: Australia
A few changes since the last update.. trying thumbies for a while. Put on a new set of tyres for the summer holidays and remembered to take a pic before all that sweet NOSness was ruined.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 pm 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: Best part of Holland
very cool! the flite makes it look much better, allthough the brown saddle did work great with your own grips!

is this the only year Specialized made the rear end like this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:09 pm
Posts: 375
Location: nottingham
very cool :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:53 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:25 pm
Posts: 577
Location: Australia
Rio wrote:
is this the only year Specialized made the rear end like this?


As far as I know it was but might well be wrong. More of a soft tail than anything you would call full suspension, there aint a lot of travel back there :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:01 pm 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: Best part of Holland
Slow6 wrote:
Rio wrote:
is this the only year Specialized made the rear end like this?


As far as I know it was but might well be wrong. More of a soft tail than anything you would call full suspension, there aint a lot of travel back there :lol:


sounds like a good ride though. any idea how much travel?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:44 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:25 pm
Posts: 577
Location: Australia
Rio wrote:
Slow6 wrote:
Rio wrote:
is this the only year Specialized made the rear end like this?


As far as I know it was but might well be wrong. More of a soft tail than anything you would call full suspension, there aint a lot of travel back there :lol:


sounds like a good ride though. any idea how much travel?


A massive 1 and 1/4 inch! It is a great frame to ride, my absolute fave.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:23 am 
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
PoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 2105
Location: Best part of Holland
Slow6 wrote:
Rio wrote:
Slow6 wrote:
Rio wrote:
is this the only year Specialized made the rear end like this?


As far as I know it was but might well be wrong. More of a soft tail than anything you would call full suspension, there aint a lot of travel back there :lol:


sounds like a good ride though. any idea how much travel?


A massive 1 and 1/4 inch! It is a great frame to ride, my absolute fave.


massive it is! :lol: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Giom6, grarea, H, jimi911, MSNbot Media, Retro Spud, richbike, RockiMtn and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group