DYNA-TEC pt 2

stubb

Retro Guru
well after the plans on the yellow frame seemed to take a turn for the worse, a bit of talking, ebay luck and wd40 now see me in the position the pic will show,

started stripping them hence not yet cleaned , got to wait till the weekend to get stuck in and make the decisions on what to build first,

ive also now got two sets of manitou forks gen1 and gen3 , i know but i like them so tough,

ill let the picture explain where we are now

Attachments

• 14102009758SMALL.JPG
    14102009758SMALL.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 2,821
full strip and clean at the weekend with new pics that will do them better justice, i have enough parts to build 2 bikes , but im looking for special bits for one of them so that will take longer, one will get ridden daily , one will be full resto wekend toy and ill have a spare frame ,

didnt meant to end up with three just three deals came off and it got to be a bit obsessive hunting them down,

started the strip down of the white one which is the one i want to do the best build up on,

the list of bits needed is slowly growing,

headset is definately shot, i need a nice light stem as the ridiculous ahead set contraption that it had leaves me baffled, you can have a nice ti or alloy quill stem or this ahead thing that uses 3 shims a quill post for an ahead stem to clamp to .

Attachments

• 17102009765small.JPG
    17102009765small.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 2,693
thru it together so far just to see how it looks,
its so skinny after my marin quake its funny, i have some xt v.s and levers on the way this week, really need to find a nice light shorter stem, cant decide on cranks to go on there and i know what wheels i want,

anyway seems the nokia n96 sucks at darkish pics so one will do for now

Attachments

• 18102009781small.JPG
    18102009781small.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 2,648

Latest posts

Back