95 Shock-a-Billy

Sidewinder

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
well after a short delay here is the SaB in its first draft format open for opinions and comments(please be gentle ;) )

Attachments

• Photo0072.jpg
    Photo0072.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,636
  • Photo0073.jpg
    Photo0073.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,636
great frame, and I like what you did with the crankset... oh, and the tyres as well :)

but that's about all since the kore stem is a bit chunky; the indy fork is well uh...you know; the dark blue grips stick out like a sore thumb, and is that purple ano in the brakes somewhere. It's hard to tell due to the blurry pic.

please feel free to let me have it when I post one of my bikes :oops: ;)

really don't mind peoples comments as this is my first post its interesting to hear peoples opinions and after 35 yrs in the building industry unless you call my dog something unpleasant i'm ok with it ,besides the clue's in the firts line ---- 1st draft ;)

i think GoldenEraMTB is right. super nice frame! no 3dv anno parts, different fork and another stem (controltech?) would be an improvement.

I think a limited colour pallette always works best with most bikes. I try to limit my builds to two colours plus silver and black.
That way you can avoid unsightly clashes.
The DeKerf looks great because essentially it's blue, grey, silver and black, and as such looks very classy.

I think your Fat needs to loose the purple bits and needs a plain leather flite. I also don't think the red cranks work on this bike.
Not sure what to suggest for forks though but I like LGF's suggestion of some custom sprayed Mag21s, but not the Indys.
In summary Dave, it's got potential and I reckon you've got a good project on your hands there.

Back