Removed

Post up the frame number, we have a lack of Rocky numbers on here for identity reference.

Where has it been repainted, I see the sticker band is off so has white been added there ?

For reference 18.5" claimed weight = 2000g with the forks being 720g

Levers probably original, headset looks old enough to be original. Stem probably not, it should be silver and hangerless.

What's the overall plan for it, lucky bugger getting it cheap :D

It could have been repainted, but I very much doubt it That is what the original paint looked like underneath the stickers. The stickers must have been a poor design, as I've seen a number of 93 Blizzard frames that look exactly like that, with the stickers obviously having deteriorated so much that they had been removed. The fade between the black and the white isn't very good, but to be fair it wasn't intended to be on show! It would improve the look of the bike enormously if you could have a replica of the original sticker made.

Well done for buying it. I would have bid way more than that, but it was too far away from me to collect it.

The rear of the bike is a very dark blue. The original paint would have been a straight line cut-off between colours - this has a fade???

Stem is a Rocky Mountain, but as you say the catalogue shows a silver stem without the hanger. I put the SS7s on this afternoon.

I can't find a frame number on it... :?

Have just read your comment Anthony - so the decals covered the whole fade?

That would explain the poor quality fade - I thought it'd had a cheap respray... :LOL:

Frame number under bottom bracket... unless they moved them. I think they used RMBxxxx

or filed off ;)

By the way the hangerless part was a major point for them that year :LOL: that stem looks the same as my 1992 one (other than length).

Very dark blue at the rear, anthony will knwo better but charcoal black I would have thought would be pretty matt black. Though it does have a sparkly finish (which I know they used a year earlier on some of the frames in different colours). I don't know 1993+ that much ;)

Nice! :cool:
I'm normally a fan of fades but it doesn't feel right on a RM for some reason - interesting to read about the stickers.

Looking forward to seeing the build. I've got a '94 Blizzard frame that I'm considering building up, now where did I put that hex-key set? :LOL:

8lezard":1d0miekd said:
Have just read your comment Anthony - so the decals covered the whole fade?
That would explain the poor quality fade - I thought it'd had a cheap respray... :LOL:
Yes, I did post this pic in the other thread, but it's worthy of repetition.

You see, all is revealed! Or rather, not revealed!

Attachments

• 1993 Blizzard catalogue.jpg
    1993 Blizzard catalogue.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3,057
or filed off

My first thought too... :roll: No frame number under bottom bracket, but no signs of filing either.

I can't work it out. The paint is deffo dark blue, but the OX3 decal is still in place - not likely to be replaced after a cheap paint job? The frame colour doesn't match the fork though, which is matt black.

Nice project and it has the right man doing it too. Really enjoyed your Lava Dome project so will be watching this one with interest.

Back