univega alpina pro

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
got this frame from Ibelieveinfixies in a karma kind of stylee and it has been waiting on quite a few bits, all of which had lost themselves in the black hole that is Killie post office :evil:

I was going to do another singlespeed but decided the old girl deserved the full lx treatment so apart from the cranks, we are almost there- thought I'd post some pictures.

univega.jpg

univega-1.jpg

univega2.jpg

univega3.jpg

univega4.jpg

comments- good or bad welcome BTW anyone got a nice condition black LX rear Der. they don't want- the one on the bike is shagged.

hey univega thats cool. a friend of mine owed the same in green back in the days,he
builded it with a girvin that looked very nice ;)

Really nice bike. Chainstays seem quite unique? Always nice to see something a bit different. Let us know how it rides.

Don't see enough Univegas around these parts :cool: They we always underated, those in the know always gave a nod to a Uni Veg rider. Black LX sounds ideal for this bike :cool: :cool:

Used to be mine... and I'll say it every time I see it, I love the look of those drop down stays.

:cool:

Yeah thanks for sending the bike on, just some cranks and rear der and I'll be ableto get her dirty- love the ovalised down tube as well as the rear stays- great looking and apparently handled mayhem very well. :cool:

GOTTA SAY gaz that ride is looking sweet those stays always intreged me when i was younger that bike just seem perfect with black lx as well good effort my man :cool: :cool: :cool:

Looking great, was impressed when i seen it in the flesh (or steel :) ) earlier.

The Pink cables are something that sounds mince in theory but work very well in practice.

I'd leave the pink bits well alone at that though :LOL:

jimihendrix":31xmg35e said:
The Pink cables are something that sounds mince in theory but work very well in practice.

They mince in practice too. Half way up one of the climbs at Mayhem I had a bloke wheeze after me, "F*&^ me, I've just been overtaken by a bloke with pink cables".

Good looking build Gaz. The STIs and headset mounted cable hanger look better than the thumbies and stem with noodle that I had fitted, the bars were a mess of cables. Yours has come out a good bit cleaner.

sorry IBIF this build is taking forever- I keep changing the goal posts :?

I got the option on some nice black bomber Z3 forks and with the arrival of the Yo another rigid bike would prob not get ridden to much. This fecked my brakes and means it will be a bit of a mix of old and new(er) Looking at avid v's and gripshift :roll: however she will be my trail centre bike so should see a fair amount of action- just waiting on some rather nice black lx wheels and I will have everything I need to finally get this rather loverly bike finished.

univega-2.jpg

Back