Mongoose Amplifier - 1 owner

72tunaboat

Dirt Disciple
This is my bike that I purchased new in 95 or 96(maybe even 94). I think it was only available as a frame/fork back then. I wanted an AMP Research labeled bike, but no shops sold them around here.

I bought it from the only local shop that sold them. They built it for me and i just asked for lightest and best components that they recommended(at the time). Its not perfect by any means, but its been a good bike over the last 15 or so years.

The only things I have changed are the tires and pads. I would like to upgrade to disc brakes, but do not want to give up the original fork to do so. If anyone has any any ideas on this, please feel free to reply.

It is a Mongoose but I removed all the decals when it was new. I'll post some more(and better) pics after I clean it up.

IMG_1597.jpg

Seconded.

Lovely bike, don't worry about the disk brakes.

I bet if you compared the weight of that against a new full suspension bike with disk brakes you'd get a very pleasant surprise!

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the strokes,guys.

I guess after seeing the later AMP bikes fitted with discs from the factory got me wanting an upgrade. Maybe someday I'll ad a B4/B5 to my 'stable'.

Back