1991 Gary Fisher AL 1 - rebuilt 05.11.09

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Demonstrating increasingly bizaaaaaare behaviour, Legrandfromage (speaking in the 3rd person, very brave) recently purchased this from Mattbrown.

Matt: 'he bought, you know, a bike, and er, like paid for it'

Legrandefromage: 'we, at the church of the recycled saint of Asahi welcome all new bicycles to to our flock, be they aluminium, steel, or the lord's metal, titanium (aaaaaahhhh)'

We accept this 'Gary Fisher AL-1 and will give it a caring home, perhaps with drop handlebars and some nice shiney bits to make, what we call, a winter hack.'

The addition of perhaps mudguards and a decent lighting system will see the Cheese (may his odour always be pleasing) through the dark and sometimes dreary winter months until spring'

More ambitiously perhaps, Legrandfromage (speaking today in his GT kaftan and smoking slippers) is to try and replicate the AL-1's paint scheme on a spare set of forks he had 'lyin' aroond just clutterin' de place, babylon'

img_0035_1024x768_188.jpg

Praise the lord and praise Gary Fisher for this paintjob :shock:
Amen brother, amen! :twisted:
:!:

another rebuild - still deciding on my first powder coat. Well impressed with my first ever controltech stem (boyburning)

suggestions for colourscheme welcome, I would love to get some older all black Maguras:

Attachments

• gary fisher 2.jpg
    gary fisher 2.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 7,119
  • gary fisher 3.jpg
    gary fisher 3.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 7,119
Very tidy, does it need powder coating? If so 1980's Honda red for me.

BTW, who was that guy who posted everything in the 3rd person, seems to have disappeared.

paints fooked/ lifting/ scuffed

3rd person LGF is in detention, 1000 lines as punishment about something or other....

The previous owner/s put the bearing races in upside down (which was fun).

Anyone who can spot the Altus A10 component wins something off my garage floor...

legrandefromage":1jdg8vfh said:

3rd person LGF is in detention, 1000 lines as punishment about something or other....

Anyone who can spot the Altus A10 component wins something off my garage floor...

I like it as is. :cool:

Besides, you shouldn't spend too much dough on the thing, as like all AL-1s, there's a 97.4% chance the head tube will crack. :p

utahdog2003":3tcft1es said:
legrandefromage":3tcft1es said:

I like it as is. :cool:

Besides, you shouldn't spend too much dough on the thing, as like all AL-1s, there's a 97.4% chance the head tube will crack. :p

spoil sport - can report its crack free though...

Back