'93 Koga Miyata TiRunner (finished bottom p.2)

Zaskar Girl

Dirt Disciple
Found this bike this morning on Marktplaats (like Ebay) for a great price :D

Seller didn't know the value of the bike :LOL: It's a Titanium frame.
As a GT Lover, I always wanted a GT Xizang, but for €200, this bike is mine.

Can't wait to pick it up, tomorrow.
First this i do, is change the wheels for some decent Crosmaxx and change searpost and sadle.
Remove the barends.

Want to restore it to the original bike

You like this?

KogaTiRunner.jpg

The original from '93

Koga.jpg

The bike right now (oktober 2009)

IMAG0020.jpg

Like it alot !! Wow , great find :D Looking forward to seeing it progress!

Re: '93 Koga Miyata TiRunner

Zaskar Girl":3t90v3cw said:
You like this?

Uhm.... Yes :D

I do not know whether I would go for original spec. Original spec was 'only' black LX. Also Nitto stem and Syncros stem among some decent quality, but not very spectacular parts. Back than, in 1993, for 100 guilders less you could buy the blue TrailRunner Carbolite with XT/DX and more Syncros. The money went into the expensive Ti frame (not that the carbon was cheap, but the Ti was more expensive). If you want all specs I have the full specsheet here.

I have had a TiRunner too btw, but I sold it beause the focus by people was strongly on its 'being Ti', while I think a Miyata is interesting enough from itself. So it went to a fellow collector (Jeroen) and it is also the only Miyata that ever left. I still have the blue TrailRunner from the same year for example.

Here you can view my TiRunner. I regularly visit Jeroen and it is still 100% the same. The titanium Miyata with 'unpainted' lugs (but with a full clear, like with all Miyatas) in the same topic is now owned by fellow forummember sidekick btw.

Hai Elev12k,

When I first saw the bike at Marktplaats I remembered it. (I'm a mountainbiker since 1989) I googled 'Koga Miyata Titanium' and immediately saw you bike :D (' cause I love the yellow Judy's :p )

LIKE YOR BIKE!!

I saw the original specsheet and no, I don't like Deore LX.
And I don't know the specs of the bike.
But a do have a nice old Deore XT crank, 950 XTR Parts, Controltech seatpost (hope it's 27.0) and stem and a really nice X-Lite titanium handlebar.

Frame specs:
28.6mm post (yes, 28.6 :( )
31.8 front mech dia, toppull
73mm bb housing, English (of course)
135mm rear spacing
1-1/8 ht

28.6mm is quite an odd size for a post. A shim will not work (ugly), as the seattube end is perfectly horizontal. I know a shop that has a NOS 28.6 Syncros laying around, but they want an imo considerable amount of money for it.

You could also go for a Herbold inspired build, what means a lot of bling.

Thanx for the specs :D

You could also go for a Herbold inspired build, what means a lot of bling

First I have to pickup the bike.

Thank God is 1 1/8 ht, than my good old Controltech stem will fit.

But I think the bike is much too large for my (I ride a 14,5" GT Zaskar LE also from 1993)
Suppose the toptube is long
Don't mind.

Couldn't let this bargain go.

The frame is an 18.5" center to top frame and it is meant for people around 1.80m tall. I had a SkyRunner Carbolite of the same year, with the same aluminum fork and in that same size and I consider it still among the very best riding MTBs I ever had. I think this TiRunner will behave pretty much similar.

Yes, sure I bought this beauty.

Now busy,rebuilding it. (other wheels, titanium handlebar and Controltech stem.
Need some small parts:
tubes and lockring to finish te bike so far.

Also need some pedals.

Bike was in original state!!!(not the wheels)

The bike now:

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Back