1996/7 Ritchey Project-20

meyekel

Dirt Disciple
Here is some new iron that I added to the collection. I have been after a Ritchey P-series since I was in college but could never afford one. Something about the fluid lines of the frame, paint scheme and of course Tom Ritchey that made this a dream bike for me. I had been scouring Ebay and looking locally for quite a while and nothing ever panned out for me so it fell off the radar until I saw bryanus P-21 on this site. His bike rekindled my interest in finding a Ritchey frame.

Low and behold I walked into my mechanic's place to check on a frame and see this Project-20 sitting there. He does a lot of fabrication and setups so I assume that it is a customers bike that needs some work done. After 10 minutes I say to him "nice Ritchey" and he replies that it's for sale actually. World is spinning out of control, can't talk at normal speed, am I really hearing this! :shock: So I am now the proud owner of one of my dream bikes. It is in pretty nice condition with some normal nicks in the paint and an ever so small dent in the TT. I haven't done anything to it except shine it up a little but am thinking about bring it up to Team specs in the future with WCS components. Right now I am still grinning ear to ear and just enjoying the ride!

Of course the pics...

CRW_4821.jpg

CRW_4820.jpg

CRW_4817.jpg

CRW_4819.jpg

CRW_4823.jpg

CRW_4825.jpg

I think it's time i got myself a P-20.

Nice bike! :D

Every time a Ritchey pops up it makes me weak inside.....

Just change the forks (only the colour) and it looks great.

Have fun!

Back