French Vitus: glued alloy

vitus98002.jpg

Bolted canti bosses, bolted cable hanger

vitus16800h.jpg

Bolted drop outs

vitus22800.jpg

Not square, not round

vitus48800.jpg

The rear brake cable is guide through a slot in the toptube. It is the same for the mech cables under the downtube. Dirt is kept out by a removable cover.
One can also opt for a U-brake

vitus55800.jpg

No slot seatclamp. The seatpost is clamped by two parts moving to each other. The black plastic in the monostay is just a cover, not an elastomer

vitus60800.jpg

More French: Stronglight needle bearing headset

vitus655800.jpg

The Vitus is great for building a clean, minimalistic Vintage ride

Also some pics of my Yo solely:

vitus74800.jpg

yo72800h.jpg

yo212800.jpg

Nice weather outside so went out for more pics of the quirky Vitus

v2800h.jpg

v8800.jpg

v18800.jpg

v27800.jpg

v28800.jpg

v34800h.jpg

Under the downtube the cover where under the cables run can be seen

v68800h.jpg

NOS Switchblades

Frame is glued probably to avoid damaging the alloy that occurs when welding. Guess the frame is late eighties, maybe early nineties.

If anyone has more info on Vitus, please let me know.

A friend of mine used to ride the same as yours . They were very rare . I would say the year is probably 1991/1992 ;

Thanks Chris,

I guessed it was a bit older (long stays, U-brake mounts). Earlier than the bonded alloy Miyatas, but apparently it isn't. Do you know whether there is a connection between Alan and Vitus?

@rutteger
I acquired it through a friend who refuses to ride a bike not steel. He is a happy Yo, Race Lite, A la Carte owner:

royvoorwiel2.jpg

Roy on his Yo with Record OR all over. Roy really freaked out when he heard a fork like his sold for $600 recently :LOL:

I have purple Grafon cantis, a pile of of meat Psychos and many XT and I am planning to use that for this build up. Only problem is it is another bike I have to store somewhere :LOL:

Back