1989 Cannondale M900 'Red Shred' - FINISHED!

Fenton

Senior Retro Guru
FINALLY DONE.......!!!

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2614-1.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

Frame: Cannondale 3.0 series
Fork:

Headset: Tange Seiki Falcon
Stem: Tioga T-Bone Prestige
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: Grab-On MTN 1

Brakes: Deore U brake rear with Deore SLR canti's on the front
Brake Pads: Shimano
Brake Cables: Shimano SLR & Venhill Featherlite
Cantilever cable hangers: Dia-Compe
Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore DX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore DX
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS
Cassette: Shimano Deore XT
Chain: Shimano HG
Cranks: Shimano Deore
Chainrings: Shimano Deore
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Deore XT
Pedals: Shimano Deore

Hub Skewers: Shimano Deore DX
Rims: Mavic 232
Hubs: Shimano Deore DX
Tyres: Tioga Mud Dawg/Trail Dawg

Saddle: Ritchey Logic Comp
Seatpost: Shimano Deore XT
Seatpost Binder: Ringle Holey

Weight:TBC

ORIGINAL FIRST POST

Thanks to the sale of my Dyna tech frame and forks, it looks like I am finally going to get to build this beauty up! This was my dream bike from the days when I was 10 and rode a 21" Raleigh Massif! I bought the frame and forks from a member on here (thanks al ;)) without seeing a photo and was very happy when it arrived to see that it had had a very careful owner!

I'm not going totally original with the build, but it won't be too far out, it'll have full Deore DX with XT thumbies and we'll see how it looks! The photo below is from the 1989 cannondale brochure.........

sm900.jpg

Here is my frame!

P1020731.jpg

P1020730.jpg

and the forks!

P1020729.jpg

Updates tomorrow!

looks a beauty, great colour too- weird seeing the dales with the thinner forks- always think pepperoni's- looking forwards to seeing this bike emerge.

great colour.....that will look great built up especially with those cooks cranks,they look new!!......

Update no. 1!

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

Apologies for the crap photos, they were taken at 1 am this morning!

looks a beauty, great colour too- weird seeing the dales with the thinner forks- always think pepperoni's- looking forwards to seeing this bike emerge

Thanks fella, I had the same thoughts about the skinny forks, such a contrast to the fat tubes. I spent ages sourcing some 1" pepperoni's to have painted up to match. I eventually got some in the states but I couldn't find anyone who was willing to paint them to match though so i'm going with the originals for the time being and I'm actually really starting to like them now its coming together!

great colour.....that will look great built up especially with those cooks cranks,they look new!!......

Thanks mate, the colour looks great in the metal, it hasn't faded at all in th last 20 years! The cooks aren't destined for this one i'm afraid, they've found a new home with another member, this is getting an as new deore DX chainset for now. :cool:

Very cool looking frame

i cant wait to see this one

Thanks guys i'm pretty excited myself!

bout time!

:LOL: true!

Will try to update again tomorrow whilst i'm on a roll!

Whaouh !

Did you respray it ? This frame is NOS.
Is it the frame hou owned one year ago ?

I have found this french article
73666991.jpg

72971307.jpg

:D Hi Pierre! Thought that you would like this one!

Not had it resprayed, the previous owner was obviously very careful with it! There are a few chips but not many! Yes this is the one I have had for a year or so, I'm only just getting around to building it up!

Thanks for that article, fantastic! That is the 1990 Red shred I believe, with the extended drop outs, it was called M800 instead of M900.

Hopefully I'll get the cranks on tonight, I've just found a stem for it, I still need bars and saddle.......... anyone any ideas? don't really fancy the original vetta one!

Back