Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:48 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:43 pm
Posts: 12370
Location: At the pinnacle of fuckwittery
Yeah I'm amazed by it too :shock: :)

Looking fan-bloody-tastic, IMO. You must be absolutely made-up, with how well it's turnng out?
Steve


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:36 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
GT-Steve wrote:
You must be absolutely made-up, with how well it's turnng out?
Steve

So impressed Steve I can't put it into words, always thought the '92 was a great looking frame but with 91 graphics it looks awesome. I can't wait to see the resiults once lacquered and that graphite metallic shines through once more. Must admit I do like the matt finish too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:40 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Dutch Mountains
That looks amazing. 8-)
Do you do the clear finish yourself?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:43 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
Jamis Diablo wrote:
That looks amazing. 8-)
Do you do the clear finish yourself?

Yes I'm planning to do the clear myself, I'll spray several coats of lacquer on and then polish it with 2500 grade paper. Glad you like it :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:03 am
Posts: 28
Location: Zufikon, Switzerland
Awesome, just great work Mark


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
tofino73 wrote:
Awesome, just great work Mark

Thank you Reto, how are you getting on with your rear disc?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:53 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 pm
Posts: 1631
Location: Dutch Mountains
sinnett177 wrote:
Jamis Diablo wrote:
That looks amazing. 8-)
Do you do the clear finish yourself?

Yes I'm planning to do the clear myself, I'll spray several coats of lacquer on and then polish it with 2500 grade paper. Glad you like it :D

I ask this because I just sprayed my Raleigh myself, and it is so fragile.
I already heve some damages :? .
I'm thinking about getting a laquer at a car shop.
I must admit I didn't use any primer, maybe that is my fault. (on the can it said it wasn't nessecary...)
I hope yours will do better!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:08 pm 
Dirt Disciple
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:03 am
Posts: 28
Location: Zufikon, Switzerland
sinnett177 wrote:
tofino73 wrote:
Awesome, just great work Mark

Thank you Reto, how are you getting on with your rear disc?


I need to visit this buddy here again :-)
http://www.fahrradbaustolz.ch/rahmen/main-rahmen.htm
But for the very moment I am busy with another project (see attached picture)

Happy trails, and I'll keep you informed. I am currently also rebuilding a Ti-Mega.


Attachments:
HPIM0030.jpg
HPIM0030.jpg [ 114.51 KiB | Viewed 1900 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:11 pm 
Deputy National AEC
Deputy National AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:43 pm
Posts: 5169
Location: Cumbria, England.
tofino73 wrote:
sinnett177 wrote:
tofino73 wrote:
Awesome, just great work Mark

Thank you Reto, how are you getting on with your rear disc?


I need to visit this buddy here again :-)
http://www.fahrradbaustolz.ch/rahmen/main-rahmen.htm
But for the very moment I am busy with another project (see attached picture)

Happy trails, and I'll keep you informed. I am currently also rebuilding a Ti-Mega.

You are a busy man! Looking forward to seeing the results of both the cro-mega and the ti-mega and indeed the house :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:27 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 9719
Location: Skipton
That is very, very impressive Mark. 8) 8) 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], james1985, RickTheUncivil, stevet1 and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group