Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Well, recently acquired this GT Zaskar LE:

zaskarle01.jpg

zaskarle02.jpg

Date code is 04922005 so it's a 1992 model and it's a size 16. I finished polishing it today, so I wanted to put some pics up... what a sh**ty work that is, getting the d*mn thing to shine! The dude I got it from sanded it and spray painted it silver... so I had to get that off and polish it enough so the sanding wouldn't be visible anymore... But I have to say it turned out :cool:

So now I have to build it up... I was thinking XT stuff (M735) with some Syncros parts. I love the Syncros Revolution cranks and I think it would look great on this. But hey, first let's get some decals on...

syncros parts on a zaskar??????????????????????????????????????

best thing you can do...top

my 91 zaskar

and please look for a scott pedersen u-brake.
the pedersen works much much better.

Looking forward to seeing this done.

Remove that Shimano sticker off the Mags though ;)

Yes, yes....get it going, cant wait to see it either.

Second that Shimano sticker removal too.

Have fun!

Another Zaskar being rescued.

Seen your previous projects this one should also turn ok. Polishing should have taken hours and hours I think but the result is indeed :cool:
XT parts look very nice on the Zaskar, brand correct you should put some Kore stuff on it. But Syncross should look very nice also.
My Zaskar LE had a XTII U brake and that bike did brake.

Wonder how it looks finished.
Cheers,
Martin

Nice Frame....

By the looks & sounds of things you've done a great job on the polish & am looking forward to seeing the finished bike.
have wanted one of those for ages but always seem to miss them when they come up for sale.
That frame would make a great hanger for these...

Hey all,

Thanx for the replies... the Shimano stickers are off, as is all the rest of the paint :shock: It was cracking and I decided to respray it now or polish it too? Dunno if polishing this will look nice, I think a MAG-20/21 needs to be gold right?

Anyhoo, first need to get my car fixed (it's an Alfa Romeo so there's always something wrong with it)... then when I get some money again I'll start looking for some Syncros parts: Syncros handlebar, Syncros seatpost, Syncros crankset and XTR mechs. And also those Scott Pedersen brakes... will be a nice change from everything Shimano ;-)

Void(EN12-82)

Back