Dyna tech build

bigdavevw

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hey dudes. got this frame off Kinfast :D on here. pleased with it. I like dyna techs, not sure why, just do :LOL: Its only half built, and im not sure what i want to do with it. options are

1) keep the ridgid forks and stem, fit narrow tires and use it for road and fire roads
2) Fit my rockshox judy,s and some more knobbly tires
what do u guys think?

another thing is the headset which is bigger than my 1.1/8th forks, do i need some kind of shim or something to fit them?

will post a spec sheet tomorrow

DSC03665.jpg

DSC03672.jpg

dave :cool:

nice :D I came very close to getting this frame but alas you beat me to it.....!

I planned to create a light single speed with skinnyish fast rolling but treaded tyres so its fast around town but still usable on light offroad...

cracking buy there Dave :cool:

bigdavevw":28jyv790 said:
oh yea, and this frame is not light!!! :LOL:

Dynatechs always seemed a bit heavy, BITD. I always thought they looked quality kit, though, and were marketed as being strong frames.

Nice...

Keep the original forks, Judys came along much later than this first generation Dyna.

I am selling a Dynatech MT 3 Titanium if anyone here is interested.

It is virtually NOS too. PM if you want some pics.

Cheers,

Chaser.

chaser":351hfbzv said:
I am selling a Dynatech MT 3 Titanium if anyone here is interested.

It is virtually NOS too. PM if you want some pics.

Cheers,

Chaser.

PM me with price for the MT3 chaser. See this thread as to why.....

nice im just starting a resto on my own dyna-tec , i would have prefered my original bike as i liked the white dyna tec dx frame colours but yellow will do, they were definately good frames and built up into imressively light bikes even by todays standards

Hey Stubb! get some pics up dude!! this bike is not light i weighed it, it was about 27 lbs, with out chain and front mech. heavy brute :LOL:

Weight

Its de components that are heavy, not the frame, I had a 14 inch M-Trax 4500(same as a Dyna-tech) nd bare frame was bang on 4 pounds.

Back