Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:36 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:24 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 3811
Location: Sussex
coomber wrote:
Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?


yeah i saw that 1 as well, thats the beauty of pick up only if its on ur front doorstep, i thought £69.50 was a bargain, u get alot bike for ur money with these Alpinestars don't u think?

wud love a Ti-Mega though, they look super cool 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
thesneaker wrote:
coomber wrote:
Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?


yeah i saw that 1 as well, thats the beauty of pick up only if its on ur front doorstep, i thought £69.50 was a bargain, u get alot bike for ur money with these Alpinestars don't u think?

wud love a Ti-Mega though, they look super cool 8)


Yeah it is the luck of pick up only - I think a lot of us have looked at how cheap some bikes have gone for with pick up only and wished they were more local! It seems in ok nick too, going to give it a clean and polish this week see how it turns out. The seller was pretty cool though, said he'd rather sell it for 99p to someone who was going to restore it and use it then sell it for more for someone who doesn't really care about it. Fair point!

Will post up some pictures soon!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:04 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5667
Location: Dorset
coomber wrote:
thesneaker wrote:
coomber wrote:
Nice!

Got one myself last week for 99p (but without wheels) on eBay as well. Mine has one thumbie though, does anyone know if it originally came with thumbies or sti shifters?


yeah i saw that 1 as well, thats the beauty of pick up only if its on ur front doorstep, i thought £69.50 was a bargain, u get alot bike for ur money with these Alpinestars don't u think?

wud love a Ti-Mega though, they look super cool 8)


Yeah it is the luck of pick up only - I think a lot of us have looked at how cheap some bikes have gone for with pick up only and wished they were more local! It seems in ok nick too, going to give it a clean and polish this week see how it turns out. The seller was pretty cool though, said he'd rather sell it for 99p to someone who was going to restore it and use it then sell it for more for someone who doesn't really care about it. Fair point!

Will post up some pictures soon!


Did you ask for 1p change though? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:30 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:08 am
Posts: 2654
Location: Kray Territory
As others have said, that's a great score fella, nice one!

Is that the original easton alpinestars stem by the way? If so it's probably best to switch it as they had a bit of a rep of cracking at the welds if I recall, including the one I had :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:12 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:34 am
Posts: 3811
Location: Sussex
mynchiboy wrote:
As others have said, that's a great score fella, nice one!

Is that the original easton alpinestars stem by the way? If so it's probably best to switch it as they had a bit of a rep of cracking at the welds if I recall, including the one I had :shock:


yeah its all original, but i want to keep it that way, i've been toying with the idea of putting it through its paces on the south downs but now u mention about the stems, maybe i won't :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:14 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 am
Posts: 9399
Location: Devon
Give it a go - I want to know what it's like for a proper ride!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:29 pm
Posts: 532
Location: S/W Scotland
dont usually like frames like that. but this one,s ok 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cheshire1980, hawkhill97, pago79, Retro Spud and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group