gratuitous Ballistic shots...

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's my 96' Ballistic.
For those not in the know it a Ritchey Prestige tubed frame, with the gorgeous Ritchey cast dropouts.
It's spec'd more or less how I want it, perhaps a tyre change, possibly switching it to complete XT M739 at some point, although I love the look of the M950 v's on it.
The major change im going to make is the colour. The frame and forks will either be powder coated or sprayed, possibly in metallic gold, possibly not. I'll also remove the canti hanger at the same time.

I was surprised at just how fast it feels, it has a lovely spring to it, and accelerates rapidy. Ideally i'd like another inch on the top tube (wouldnt we all) but im hoping ill get used to it.
Won't you share with me your thoughts my Retro buddies.

Attachments

• ballistic 6.jpg
    ballistic 6.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 5,826
  • ballistic 5.jpg
    ballistic 5.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 5,824
  • ballistic 2.jpg
    ballistic 2.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 5,825
  • ballistic 4.jpg
    ballistic 4.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 5,825
couple more..

Attachments

• ballistic 3.jpg
    ballistic 3.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 5,814
  • ballistic 1.jpg
    ballistic 1.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 5,815
I love mine... switching to cantilevers in due course, mind...

Mr K

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 5,802
  • Ballistic Before....jpg
    Ballistic Before....jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 5,802
mrkawasaki":1u0ryn6p said:
I love mine... switching to cantilevers in due course, mind...

Mr K

i've checked out yours before with a view to painting mine, im glad to be in your gang!
what length stem are you running? do you find it twitchy, or do you think thats just me getting used to rigid forks again?

is that raw metal or is that painted? colour almost looks like ti.

love the colour and the look of the build. :cool:

Mr K's def looks to be a bigger frame to me.

RockiMtn":2fry74zf said:
is that raw metal or is that painted? colour almost looks like ti.

love the colour and the look of the build. :cool:

Mr K's def looks to be a bigger frame to me.

Its painted, but with a lack of chips etc its actually hard to make out, I spent 5 mins when it first arrived trying to work out if it was just clear coated or not!
I suspect Mr K's is slightly larger, therefore with a larger top tube...which with me being 6'1'' and a long torso, I think is what I need :(
The ride is sweet apart from feeling a tad bunched up, I may try a 130mm stem to see if it helps....but going from the long wheelbase on my A'ha to this is not making it any easier!

Back