First things first, I know I should finish my Marin build ( viewtopic.php?t=43798
) before starting this but I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to build and own a true off road bike, the Marin will be used on tarmac only and will be finished soon, I promise …
I know nothing about ProFlex’s so expect a lot of questions
I will ask them in here so similar to my Marin build it will be a step by step build up rather than just pictures of a finished bike, please don’t expect this to be a quick build …
but I promise it will be a high quality one
I stumbled across the frame and fork through talking to a friend, I have only seen it once but it has turned up at my house this afternoon so expect a few pictures tomorrow. What I can tell you is that its :
• Badged as a 856
• Is in a pale gold color
• Has some world cup something or other on the frame under the seat
• Has Girvin forks
• Has the gold ODS elastomer shocks (front and rear)
• Is bloody dirty but looks to be intact, and dent / corrosion free
I presumed at first the forks were vectors but having done a bit of digging today the pics I can find of vectors have an integral stem, the ones on the bike have a separate clamp on the steerer – are these cross links ?
So the first of many questions :
• How much travel – Front and rear
• What a realistic target build weight ?
• Do they break / crack ?
• If so where – best check before I get to excited …