1992 Pace RC200 F1

Hipto Besquare

Retrobike Rider
Had this since '92 and still think its the business :D. Bought it as a 6 month old shop ex-demo bike. This is in its lastest incarnation - still ride it as much as poss. Will try to find some old "Renthal's and RC35's" pics to post.

Attachments

• new2.JPG
    new2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,298
  • new3.JPG
    new3.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,298
  • new4.JPG
    new4.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 2,298
Very nice, get your frame number posted up on the official Retrobike list, must be over 100 of the mighty squares on here now, not so many as early as yours in an RC200 flavour though ;)

Nope, completely original. There are a few dings and scrapes when you look close up and the seat tube has a small split just below the collar, but its been there as long as i can remember and not got any worse. I spoke to Duncan McDonald, who built it, years ago about getting it repaired and changed to the newer style of bolt-on collar, but it would have meant stripping and re-anodising the frame and such like, so i never bothered. Glad i didn't now as i like the fact its as it left the factory :D

fantastic.....must give you a real buzz knowing you have owned it so long and not recently found one to scratch an itch too!!....

Very nice mate,

I had the same problem, mine cracked in the same place, had it rewelded and resprayed, glad I did, but completely understand why you don't want to...

Do you have a close up of your head badge...was it raised, or is it a sticker (if that makes any sense at all?)

Rich

It's a metallic sticker, Rich. The headtube was bare when I got it - added this later.
Here's a blurry pic, i can get you a clearer one if you want, when i get home from work (in a few weeks, unfortunately :( ).

"Handmade in Yorkshire"

Attachments

• HPIM1920_2.JPG
    HPIM1920_2.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,945
Nice,

Those are supa rare, I'm looking into having one made up by a bispoke jeweller (in stainless steel)...

Not had much luck so far (think it would be pretty pricey too :( )

Rich

That is gorgeous, i can remember racing against Richard Thackery as a junior and always drooling over his bike when i used to line up next to him.

Shaped the face of mountain biking with some many new ideas on one bike.

Back