Marin

bedraggled

Senior Retro Guru
Just stripped it down and the frame is scrap :(

Better a cheap mistake than an expensive one, you live and learn.

Ah well, another excuse to trawl through e-bay :D

Attachments

• Marin_3.jpg
    Marin_3.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,711
  • Marin_2.jpg
    Marin_2.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,711
  • Marin_1.jpg
    Marin_1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 1,711
Yep it's a 1993 model.
I put a half-hearted bid in on that one in the last few seconds. You got it for a very good price nontheless.

Attachments

• 1993-Team-Marin.jpg
    1993-Team-Marin.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 1,697
drystonepaul":3uvnnami said:
Yep it's a 1993 model.
I put a half-hearted bid in on that one in the last few seconds. You got it for a very good price nontheless.

So it was you who doubled the price :LOL:

Congrats, that's a nice bike and ironic, I picked up a Team Marin this weekend for my commuter as well. I have some slightly different plans and it's going to be done on the cheap i.e. parts laying around the house. I'd post a pic but it is a 1998...

bedraggled":20goy9yc said:
So it was you who doubled the price :LOL:

No not me, I made the half-hearted £40 bid at the end and came in third. :oops: Someone else sneaked in a couple of quid below your winner.
You still got a good price... ;)

Marin size centre to centre so the frames are always big for their size. Wheelbase also tends to be 30-50mm longer than most. I tihnk that's what gives them the all-day kind of comfort.

You couldn't go wrong really as you were picking it up. He said as new condition, so if there were serious problems you could have refused to pay for it. e.g., the eBay picture makes it look as though the seat post is probably stuck - but evidently not, so that's good news.

Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight was the lightest Tange tubing made, you've got good kit that could still be ok, you might even have the original ti handlebar on there, all for £73.

It looks to be a size 17.5 or 44.5cm, measured c-c, good for 5-10 to 6-0 I would guess.

Nice buy!

It looks like the bloke you bought it on has put the front pads on arse backwards.

i believe in fixies":372h73qn said:
Nice buy!

It looks like the bloke you bought it on has put the front pads on arse backwards.

That's what I always thought probably as I put them on the other way around for better breaking..... though harder to get the wheel out.

But it's actually correct and defied the logic of the long canti pads...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 806#398806
--

Good question, why is it scrap ?
If it is not too bad for general use I may be interested ?

Back