Fat Chance Yo Eddy

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This was the recent 3 day listing. Probably went a bit high, poor pics and description etc but sometimes you get the ebay madness. Nevertheless bid on and won and hoped for the best. Sometimes the gamble pays off sometimes not as in this case. Frame has a few chips and scrapes and the paintworks 50/50 whether it needs a respray or not, on the plus side theres no dings and the scrapes only have a wee bit of rust. Nothing too much too worry about there. Major downside is a stuck post :( the moby was part of the deal and I'll try to salvage it but its not looking good. Anyway financials and sensibiliites aside I'm quite looking forward to it as a project which is the main thing. Toying with a few ideas at the moment on the retso but first things first and get the post out. Some pics to start with anyway. :D

3850108302_933fcdc1cf_b.jpg

3850108292_ed384f9502_b.jpg

3850108288_7cf2ec2e8d_b.jpg

3850108234_c02c48f6b6_b.jpg

3850108304_51a042fb35_b.jpg

gotta love a yo! :cool:

Think the paint is a blessing, thrash its arse off this winter and you can then go for the respray for the summer and mayhem (who are you kidding that you won't).

Very jealous but your one of the good guys and I will get a shot so happy days :D

Another plus is you might get to the top of a hill before me, given I get a better view of this lovely machine from behind ;)

Getting a taste for FAT?

Looking forward to watching this...

Where's the rust on this one?

Id love a fat but Im addicted to oranges...

Agree with clockworkgaz, it will be fine when built up for a winter. It looks pretty great to me as is! I like that paint job even more without the other bits hanging all over it.
Are you thinking suspension or rigid?

Whats the plan to get the stuck post out? Heat?

clockworkgazz":3nt39kgy said:
gotta love a yo! :cool:

Think the paint is a blessing, thrash its arse off this winter and you can then go for the respray for the summer and mayhem (who are you kidding that you won't).

Very jealous but your one of the good guys and I will get a shot so happy days :D

Another plus is you might get to the top of a hill before me, given I get a better view of this lovely machine from behind ;)

I thought that about the paint too, I could try a touch up and cut and polish :? not sure the thing with building it just now is I don't really have the £ or the stuff that I want to use. Also I quite fancied a bigger project, something meaty.

And as I said before its too small for you, but you can have a go :)

fingers":1fh4q3wj said:
Getting a taste for FAT?

Wee bit of a Fat taste :LOL:

The rust is pretty much what you see in the pics, the few chips on the toptube and chainstays. The BB is mint and I'll see what the seat tube holds when I get the post out.

Orange addiction can be bad, try a wee Fat just to make sure you like Oranges :LOL:

JPintheCAN":x1rq20rp said:
Agree with clockworkgaz, it will be fine when built up for a winter. It looks pretty great to me as is! I like that paint job even more without the other bits hanging all over it.
Are you thinking suspension or rigid?

Whats the plan to get the stuck post out? Heat?

If I can keep the aqua fade I reckon everything will be black and silver to show off the paint. I like it too but I'm not a fan of the blue/turq ano that so many seem to have.

Initial thoughts are singlespeed and either judy sl's or colour matched ones.

Seat post wise, fortunately the seat tube doesn't open to the BB do I'm going to fill it with either diesel or petrol maybe try coca cola or just empty a can of wd-40 into it. Was going to try a bit of hairdryer on it too. Its been getting a scoosh of wd just now. I'll probably try to make up a fitted lever to the moby see if I can get some twisting action without damaging the post

If you decide to respray couldn't you get some gentle hest on it to get it out?

Failing that most framebuilders/repairers could get that out for a price...definately worth it as it's a lovely frame

Neil G":1ipb63lp said:
If you decide to respray couldn't you get some gentle hest on it to get it out?

Failing that most framebuilders/repairers could get that out for a price...definately worth it as it's a lovely frame

Cheers Neil, I've got the kit to heat it, but really hoping it doesn't come to that. I was wanting a Yo to respray but I'm now quite hopeful of keeping the original paint. Fortunately the chips and stuff are localised to the main colours and not the fades. If I can source some good touch up I'll be happy.

kaiser":1250kdma said:
fingers":1250kdma said:
Getting a taste for FAT?

Wee bit of a Fat taste :LOL:

The rust is pretty much what you see in the pics, the few chips on the toptube and chainstays. The BB is mint and I'll see what the seat tube holds when I get the post out.

Orange addiction can be bad, try a wee Fat just to make sure you like Oranges :LOL:

Im sure if I try a fat Ill be heading for deep water and financial ruin...

The clockwork's gonna cost enough... Grrr...

Back