1992 S-WORKS M2 - Build Complete 29/8

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just acquired this S-WORKS M2 from a mate, cheers SPESHMIKE :cool:

The frame has been associated with this site for a while. ededwards once owned it when it was in its original blue/purple guise with red S-Works decals. He had it powdercoated in this beautiful white but never built it up.

Mike then purchased it from Ed where it sat in his garage doing nothing for about a year and a half whilst he rode his S-Works M4. He eventually built it up, but after a handfull of rides decided that rigid was not for him.

It now sits in my shed.

So what to do with it? Well, after moving my GT Tequesta on a few months ago I have decided that I do actually miss single speeding. Therefore, this is the first intended build.

The initial plan is a black and white theme with S-Works cranks, black LX cantis that I have in a box somewhere, Dia Compe levers, black Vetta saddle and black S-Works decals. A singlespeed wheels is being built by my LBS at the moment. I dont know yet whether I like the A-TAC, especially as the decal ruins the black and white theme. Dont know on the bar or seatpost at the moment.

I like the thought of keeping it rigid, but the Pro-Circuit forks do look good. We'll see when the build nears completion next week.

Comments, suggestions etc welcome.

-----------
29/8 - Complete build pics page 3

Attachments

• DSCN2355.JPG
    DSCN2355.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 3,273
  • DSCN2353.JPG
    DSCN2353.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 3,273
  • DSCN2352.JPG
    DSCN2352.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 3,272
  • DSCN2351.JPG
    DSCN2351.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,273
clockworkgazz":3q7hz2js said:
looking good my man- agree on the stem.

What size is the frame? not to big for you Pickle?

Thanks Gazz.

Ideally I'd like to find an alternate stem with a built in canti guide, but if not I may remove the A-TAC decals and use a canti hanger.

Its a 19", same as my steel Stumpjumper.

nice.

really love white mountain bikes :D

a black stem and seatpost would be perfect; perhaps, contol tech or syncros.

along with a black m730 (deore xt) crankset in 170mm.

if on a budget, black dore LX cantis, and there's your black and white theme ss.

:cool:

Pickle":1pxlk0vm said:
clockworkgazz":1pxlk0vm said:
looking good my man- agree on the stem.

What size is the frame? not to big for you Pickle?

Thanks Gazz.

Ideally I'd like to find an alternate stem with a built in canti guide, but if not I may remove the A-TAC decals and use a canti hanger.

Its a 19", same as my steel Stumpjumper.

Looks bigger but that might just be the absence of tires that is confusing me ( very easy these days).

I have a black stem with a thru canto hole on the stumpie, see below nothing flash may be orig stem but as I run v's happy to swap you? Tis a 1 inch quill.

wow, it's so white... i'm now blind! :cool:

those tyreless rims are throwing me off too... can't wait to see the progress you'll make on this build! ;)

Yea, I agree, the rims aren't helping and make it look all out of proportion :LOL:

To give an idea, here is my steel Stumpjumper of the same size:

stumpjumper_165.jpg

Back