Raleigh Mustang Resto

77grifter

Dirt Disciple
I know how much you guys love the Mustang :LOL: , but this was my first MTB (well ATB), so ive a soft spot for them. As they are fast dissapearing I decided to buy one, clean it up and use it on nice days :p

I bought this bike off the bay for £5.50, most of the bits on it were wrong. I completely stripped it thoroughly cleaned everything and put it back together with the right Raleigh bits. Got a NOS decal kit and some new tyres that are very similar tread wise to the originals, thanks to big.eck on here for sorting some better shifters ;)

Funny how when my parents bought me one of these BITD I wanted the Specialized Stumpjumper really badly, now I can afford to buy the Stumpjumper I want the Mustang :LOL: here's some piccies

Mustang1.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0648.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF2126.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF0770.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

DSCF2133.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

DSCF2134.jpg

DSCF2132.jpg

Sweet!

I had two of those, had a black & white Mustang first, which was stolen, then one like yours, which was stolen & got another one as a replacement, guess what happened to that one....

Aghhhhhh = we have one just like that (the pink/white one) as a spare bike at mother in law's house. Was left in our garage when previous owners moved out :D

I had a black/white mustang 5sp,

then a team raleigh banana (Oh I want another)

then a Raleigh ascender with reflex reflective paint... Memories...

Back