Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:56 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:25 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

This one came together last week. 1935 Mead Ranger frame (Chicago Schwinn made) known as a Double-Diamond because of the straight seat stays. Not mine but another built up for my mate Wilson (though he still owes me for the frame ;-) ) using skills learned from Alan Bonds.

ebay was the source for most of the built kit including late 30s vintage truss fork (in matching original lucky!), rear Morrow hub, late 40s tall razorback stem, black Brooks B72 saddle, replated 52-tooth Sweatheart skip-tooth sprocket. Crank is NOS Odyssey BMX one piece with Dynatron bottom bracket, pedals are VP 1/2" with black cages. Black Honda Superbike moto bar (and more Joe Breeze shims to fit the 7/8" bars - thanks Joe!), AME grips and Magura lever round out the ebay parts. Chain was sourced from Memory Lane, new LBS items include 90mm Sturmey drum, Sun Rhyno Lite polished ally rims with DT stainless spokes, WTB Nanorator tires, braced seatpost (box steel support brazed inside - I added same to mine and sag is gone!) and Kalloy QR seatpost binder.

Here we are on our Sunday ride:

Another look at my La Salle - keen eyes may note the straight seatpost and vintage Campy QR binder (an xmas present - thanks Alan!)

....I will have some more news next week, one winter project coming out of the shop (hopefully) and a new one arriving via UPS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:28 pm 
East Midlands AEC
East Midlands AEC

They just look fantastic - wish we had similar over here... what is our equivalent in the UK and I wonder where we could source them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:26 pm 
Old School Grand Master

thats lush :D
good work Tam :)