1997 Kona King Kahuna Hei Hei finally sorted... (pic heavy)

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's my finished KK, one or two parts may be swapped around eventually such as possibly fitting XTR levers once I find a mint pair, maybe fitting my SDG BelAir saddle and maybe trying a different stem length/angle. I'll also eventually reduce the Fox to 80mm travel, but with my weight on the saddle the geometry feels perfect, so im in no rush.

Many thanks to everyone who helped with advice and parts, especially MikeFoster, MJN, MarcTwoTone and IBelieveInFixies..plus anyone I have forgotten.

I love the way she looks, and in particular it has the right mix of retro and retroish parts which combine to make a solid reliable ride. I'll add new pics when/if I switch to all black components.
However, although compelled to complete this build I may be forced to sell the frame/forks..im trying to resist as I love this frame!

Sorry for the poor pics, only have a cam phone. If anyone is interested ill get hold of a decent camera and take some more?

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• hei 2.jpg
    hei 2.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 2,595
  • hei 7.jpg
    hei 7.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 2,598
  • hei 07.jpg
    hei 07.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,585
  • hei 08.jpg
    hei 08.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2,587
more pics...

Attachments

• hei 01.jpg
    hei 01.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,585
  • hei 03.jpg
    hei 03.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 2,583
  • hei 04.jpg
    hei 04.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 2,583
  • hei 05.jpg
    hei 05.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,583
Sweet,sweet,sweet .

Lovely mate , looks like it was made for riding , and not looking at !
If i've not got an RC200 this time next month , i'll have one of these please !

I love the way the side stand looks just like a stick :cool: , nicely done (the whole bike, not just the side stand).

looks awsome

they ride well too. I had a 80mm Maz Marathon race on my 20".
I bet you can drop the fox to 80 with a spacer

:)

As a fellow Hei Hei owner I'd have to say that's a gorgeous bike :D

Only think I personally would change is the tyres....not keen on anything except blackwalls. Flat bars would be cool as well but I can see that you've built that up to actually be a useable bike!

I take it those are 80mm fox forks on there?

Nice :cool: needs better wheels though,gen 2 Mavic Crossmaxes would be just the thing ;)

Latest posts

Back