Arran's '97 Adroit

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's my '97 Adroit, just finished. It's by far the 'flashiest' build i've undertaken. I tend to go for the 'understated' look but when you start with a frame colour like this one you can't help but get out of control! I know the Klein 'purists' on here will scoff at my build based on a 'post aquisition' frame but i'm in love with it! Took it for a quick burn this afternoon and it feels bloody briliant!

adroit4.jpg

Spec's:

Frame: '97 Klein Adroit, 18" KOI paint scheme

Fork: Rock Shox SL Ti, 1 1/8" threadless (thinking about swapping the fork out with my Judy SL w/White Bros Hard Body cartridges...)

Headset: Cane Creek Lanusse, Red anodized (with Problem Solver reducers)
Stem: Control Tech 1 1/8" 135mm
Handlebar: Specialized S-Works, Gold anodized
Grips: Zero lock-on - Orange
Barends: N/A

Brakes: M900 Cantis front & rear
Brake Pads: Kool Stop, Grey
Brake Cables: XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: Vanguard Peace Symbol,Gold anodized
Brake Levers: M900 XTR STI

Shifters: M900 XTR STI
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR 34.9 DP
Rear Derailleur: M900 XTR
Derailleur Cables: Dura-Ace
Cassette: M900 XTR 12 - 28
Chain: Shimano HG91
Cranks: M900 XTR, 175mm
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Sugino
Chainring bolts: Black alloy
Bottom Bracket: UN91 73/113 (should realy have a 107)
Pedals: Shimano M737

Hub Skewers: Roval titanium
Rims: Sun CR18. 32 hole
Hubs: M900 XTR 32 hole
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: DT Competition 2.0, 1.8, 2.0
Tyres: Panaracer Magic Front & Rear
Tubes: Rubber :)

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Ti. yellow w/kevlar corners
Seatpost: Thomson Elite 31.6
Seatpost Binder: Klein

Weight: 24.45 lb (as pictured)

More pics:

adroit7.jpg

adroit6.jpg

adroit3.jpg

adroit2.jpg

adroit5.jpg

looks great except the blue headset spacer,doesnt go with anything else on the bike...but looks like a great build otherwise :)

Killer bike! Always loved that color! If I were you I would try to find an MC2 bar stem and run a newer fork on there with 80mm. Those always looked good with a yellow Judy! Zaak Wylde is the sh**!!!!! :twisted:

Fattyboombatty":3bb3f942 said:
Killer bike! Always loved that color! If I were you I would try to find an MC2 bar stem and run a newer fork on there with 80mm. Those always looked good with a yellow Judy! Zaak Wylde is the sh**!!!!! :twisted:

Thanks man. I am in the process of switching the fork out with a yellow Judy SL. Stay tuned!

I share your sentiment re: Zakk Wylde. I've been a devoted follower of his work ever since 'No Rest for the Wicked' was released in '88. I might be a bit TOO devoted. My first born is named 'Zakk' but let's leave it at that!

Beautiful....one of the dream bikes of my youth!

I think bikes like this inspire me to search down a Klein and get a project underway!

Good work :D

Back