Help..... Year on my Zaskar??

zaskars have the date of manufacture in the serial. several guides on here as to how to read it. yours was welded in april 94 (0494)

according to evryone else its 94, i just think its awesome.

i love zaskars......and kleins
1 or the other will be my next bike.

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02214.jpg

Awesome...thanks chaps.

Gonna start stripping her down today and get those Amps in peices for a little fiddle.

Well heres a 93 example with later decals, Reynolds forks and a near as dammit complete XT groupset

according to my serial number, it was manufactured in November 1993 but as I bought it in a end of season sale in October 1993, its clearly been time travelling

zaskar_in_the_herb_garden_173.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOoooooo....I like that!! Im aiming to get mine to full XT too. Currently running some LX cantis and Chainset... Got offered some XTR M900 cantis with brand new pads to match the other day, may have to break the XT mould for that one?!

Long live the Zaskar!

p.s. Where did you source your decals from?

stevetait":1px7wvy1 said:
OOOOOOOOOOoooooo....I like that!! Im aiming to get mine to full XT too. Currently running some LX cantis and Chainset... Got offered some XTR M900 cantis with brand new pads to match the other day, may have to break the XT mould for that one?!

Long live the Zaskar!

p.s. Where did you source your decals from?

original factory decals bought off ebay in 2004 - they still pop up now and again:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GT-DECALS-ZASKAR- ... _500wt_956

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice project.

Your decals are correct for 1994. Member gil_m on here is the man for repro decals. Drop him a PM and I'm sure he will have them on file.

I brought my 1992 LE with 1994 decals on:
zaskar_water_486.jpg

But I gave Gil a call and he knocked up some period correct 1992 one for it:
dscn2144_462.jpg

Your ones should peel off easily using a hair dryer, wipe over with white spirit, dry and apply some nice fresh ones. Be as good as new ;)

Back