My new project (Kona AA)

cheesey

Senior Retro Guru
Her is my 1995 Kona AA

These pics are how it stands at the moment. I am waiting on some parts bought from here, but this is where she is at.

Crankset still needs to be stripped, wire wooled off and polished (I have new chainring bolts).

The frame is going to be sent to paint next week, GLASS BLACK with gold downtube and headtube decals :)

I am toying seriously with selling the 'zocchis and buying some P2s in glass black with gold decals!!! ;) Will mean a standard headset and retro stem though. So far the spec is:

Rear mech: XT
Front mech: LX
Brake levers: LX
Shifters: Have not got these yet
Chainset: Sugino ??
Pedals: Onza caged
Bars: Kona Racelight / with Ritchey foam grips
Seatpost: Tioga
Saddle: undecided
brakes: Old XT V's silver
Hubs: Front XT / rear LX Parralax
Rims: Mavic ??

Its getting there, still a few bits to get but I'm sure when the paintjob is done it should look cool, here you are:

s1050431.jpg

s1050432.jpg

s1050433.jpg

s1050436.jpg

s1050435.jpg

I'm a big fan of black and gold paint schemes. Should turn out really sharp.

If you're not hurting for cash you may want to hold onto that Marzocchi. They're getting harder to come by these days and it matches the frame beautifully. Should you decide you ever want to go back to suspension, you may be glad to have it around.

dullonien":1e95rts2 said:
Same frame as mine. Should look nice with new paint, I'll keep an eye on how it turns out.

I think it's going to look good, and there are a few NOS parts going on there - should be a head turner when I get it how I want it...

Shall defo get some piccies up! :D

Back