weeeee

J_Westy":21jl0qh7 said:
The Mrs looks pleased!

I think that's the 16" frame. The catalog says the little frame had the dual 24" wheels.

See p. 28 here --> http://sanaandterry.com/cannondale/year/1987/1987.pdf

:LOL: She was very pleased, haha. She actually likes this one more than the 92 m1000, which I sold just recently. Perhaps because this one fit better.

Yes, you are correct; thanks for the link and clarification. I measured the center of crank to center of top tube at 13", and assumed that it was a 13", but I see according to the catalog you provided that it is in fact the 16"

so where did they come up with 16 in the sizing?

stew-b":21jl0qh7 said:
wow,love it :cool:

J_Westy":11wvy9ax said:
GoldenEraMTB":11wvy9ax said:
so where did they come up with 16 in the sizing?

I'm not an expert, but I believe they measured up to a "virtual" horizontal top tube.

That would make sense as 2 to 3 inches of clearance between the top tube and one's groin would be ideal for off-road purposes. Perhaps that's what Cannondale was thinkiing.

I love old cannondales, highly under-rated imho. That is a cracker too, 24" wheels and pink!

John":1rlkgdmu said:
I love old cannondales, highly under-rated imho. That is a cracker too, 24" wheels and pink!

Thanks...yes, they ride well, though I have not tried to ride this one due to its size. I'm thinking of putting the wheels and brakes on another ride to give a whirl.

enid_puceflange":26c724xy said:
Thats looking lovely and standard too
I would love to get my mitts on one of those in that colour for Mrs P :cool:

Gc

Thank you :)

My wife isn't that fond of the pink, actually; she much rather have a darker, less "girly color". I've tried to explain the importance of pink and how it's not a "girly color" but to no avail :?

Back