Sexy MF - My 1991 Muddyfox Seeker Mega

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Brought from ebay yesterday for £71 and picked up today. Always wanted a MF ever soince one mate had the bright green Courier Comp and another had a Limited edition in chip proof satin black. So I Spent some time cleaning her up and all in all pretty pleased, frame has a few light scratches and there are some scuffs on the ends of the brake levers but all in all it is in good condition and totally 100% original even down to the Muddyfox Griptrax skinwall tyres.

Heres the spec:

Frame: Muddyfox Cr-Mo Mega Cuboid Butted

Fork: Muddyfox Cr-Mo

Headset: Tioga Avenger
Stem: Muddyfox with internal cable routing
Handlebar: Unknown flat steel
Grips: Rubber

Brakes: Shimano 500LX Cantis
Brake Pads: 500LX Standard
Brake Cables: Shimano Standard
Cantilever cable hangers: Frame and stem mounted
Brake Levers: 500LX Sti Rapidfire

Shifters: 500LX Sti Rapidfire
Front Derailleur: 500LX
Rear Derailleur: 500LX
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS
Cassette: 13-30 Shimano
Chain: Shimano HG
Cranks: 500LX
Chainrings: 500LX SG Round
Bottom Bracket: Not sure yet
Pedals: Non-discript

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Araya VP20
Hubs: Shimano 500LX
Nipples: SS
Spokes: Rustless (now slightly rusted)
Tyres: Muddyfox Griptrax Skinwall

Saddle: Muddyfox pawprint original
Seatpost: Not sure yet.....
Seatpost Binder: Muddyfox

Weight: Around 30lbs

DSC03647.jpg

DSC03648.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

Now my CB Anteaus 653 and retro XT bit will be up for sale as 2 bikes (1 full offroad and this new one which will be my commuter) I can justify but 3 no way.
My plans for it are to take off the griptraxs' and put on some slicks for commuting as it rides really well on road. I will keep the griptraxs' for when I may fancy taking for an offroad blast.

Carl.

thats fookin tidy :D really nice colour too :D

how did you dispense with the zombie in the garden ?

Loving this, that is so clean you could eat your lunch off it :cool:

how do the brakes work ? Mine had the same canti's and were so hard they did nothing :roll:

are you gunna ride it and get it mucky ?

Cheers

Until today I thought the dics on my new Kula were pants (not bedded in yet), in comparison to my old Hydrostop Mountain setup (they really are the best rim brake evar, Vees are just to brutal an offer so little control in comparison), these take crapness to a whole new level. However they have just not been used so need bedding in themselves still.
It will get used, don't worry and if there is a retro bike meet round my way I will take it along for a blast.

Carl.

cool man! As you say, even got the original treads! The dye ran on these when they were wet, so I don't thinkits even seen any rain!
cool! ;)

Back