96 Kona Lava Dome finished!

Monkeeee01

Retro Guru
Well here she is, I bought her about 2 months ago off the bay and she was virtually stock as seen in the 2nd photo.

Now the spec is mostly XTR or XT (with the original stx cranks and rings)

Just the seat post, saddle, chainset and front mech stock now. Getting a Easton CT2 seatpost which is black off my mate in a couple of weeks. Then I want some middle burn cranks and rings and a new saddle and she will be complete.

Wanted to post now as just got new Mavic crossrides and michelin Wildgripper biscuit tyres on there and wanted nice pics before they got dirty.

If any one is interested I will be selling the original Kona handlebars, velocity stem and Curve Om cantileaver brakes you can see on the old photo. PM me if interested.

I'm going to hold onto this baby until I eventually find a 94/95 or 96 Kula (if I ever do!)

Thanks

Gaz

dscf0206h.jpg

konalavadome003.jpg

dscf0205f.jpg

dscf0208d.jpg

You're going to need a black seatpost and some decent cranks then.

Seat tilted quite far back <insert nads in pain smilie>

Not my taste, I prefer the original, but each to their own.

What's it going to be used for ?

yeah new carbon black CT2 seatpost coming.

Middleburn cranks in a few months when funds allow.

I'm going to use it for riding, posing a little bit of racing at the Brighton big dog!

I understand people on here at purists and like it to be totally old skool and original kit but I like old school frames with new bits as they work better and are lighter.

I'm no purist :LOL:

Just not my tastes, probably the forks over shadowing the rest of the bikes, short-riser stem and riser bars.
or the tyres....

:LOL:

but them I wouldn't say my bikes is correct at the moment either :LOL:

others here will probably love it.

What is it in the last week with people and their goldy orangey kona's :shock: ??

that is lovely

like you are doing... black seatpost etc and it will look even better :cool:

yeah cheers, I kinda know what you mean the forks look very modern compared to the frame, I prefer a shorter stem as I not that tall.

I really want a gold Kula, I had a 94 but it was damaged and badly scratched so I bought this Lava Dome.

I will find a 96 Kula one day!

Thats lovely!!

Where did you get those wildgrippers from?!?! I like!!

Considering getting a shorter stem/riser combo for my m-trax.....jurys out for now.

Its growing on me :cool:, You certainly have bling'd it up :LOL:

I think the tyres go with the bike , some of the 96 kona's came with biscuit coloured tyres as standard, scratch and sniff IIRC

I would personally have the P2's up front with flat bars, but its your bike and I can tell you have spent a fair bit in getting it where it is today. Look forward to seeing it evolve some more ;)

Cheers

Back