Kona SEX3

Antiquekona

Retrobike Rider
I feel like a kid after finding this website/forum. After a long break I have dusted this down:
DSCN1730.jpg

DSCN1731.jpg

DSCN1726.jpg

XT groupset, Pace RC36? MMD downhill :LOL: forks, Hydraulic brakes - uprated the original 4R shock to 5R - original Grip Shifts - pace hubs plus other bits and bobs that I cant remember without looking :LOL:

sweet! looks pretty mint.

another lincolnshire to add to the massiv

Cheers - I love it too - so much I dont know what to do with it!!

Does it sound bonkers to buy a new Kona Kula and keep the Sex3 as is and just take that out every so often and have the hard tail as my regular?

Looks fab there AK

Has to be one of the better looking Konas from the day :cool:

And hello new chap,if i havent already said so

Antiquekona":8geusw9h said:
Cheers - I love it too - so much I dont know what to do with it!!

Does it sound bonkers to buy a new Kona Kula and keep the Sex3 as is and just take that out every so often and have the hard tail as my regular?

Speaking as someone who wrenches at a Kona dealer, I can't really recommend the 2009 Kula. Look for a 2006/7 Explosif frame and do a custom build. It'll ride better and look better and you'll never look back.

The sex 3 is very nice BTW - last year for the Verlicchi frame? Anthony?

A mate of mine had the similar Sex Too and I always thought it was a great looking bike - just right.

The faux bar URT was a bit of a mix of designs but it seemed to work okay.

Dave_H":1syddem2 said:
A mate of mine had the similar Sex Too and I always thought it was a great looking bike - just right.

The faux bar URT was a bit of a mix of designs but it seemed to work okay.

I have the same bike, trying to rebuild it for one of the kids to have when they are tall enough, Kula gold I think is the colour.

Latest posts

Back