1992 Explosif

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Well this is the starting point, all for less than £60, not inc the wheels which I had already, but including XT rear mech and front brake lever. :D

Decals and forks are up for replacement and paint but the main frame isn't that bad. T-cut and some metallic black touch up called for I think........then we'll see where this takes us.....as if I haven't enough to do :LOL: :LOL:

One of the rear canti studs is broken so small repair needed there.

Now - anyone have an XT rear/left brake lever you want to sell me cheaply?

DSCN0932.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

nice price :) looking forward to the progress reports, ready for Arran? :LOL:

Arran pencilled in. Especially as i've just committed to giving The Tall Fellow a free frame :shock:

Explosif likely to be a slow progress, low budget sort of affair, which will be USED :twisted:

Re: 1992 Expolsif

Mr Panda":24kw8z9m said:
Now - anyone have an XT rear/left brake lever you want to sell me cheaply?

I have a pair of 7-speed XT STIs. 30quid posted if you're interested, both have the rubber hoods that go over the cable adjusters with them too.

when you have finished this bike you will love it. i have one. bought it new, then sold it then got it back and raced it at mayhem 09. awsome machine.

:cool: :D

This thread is long overdue an update :D

Conversion to cable disc brake carried out by Steven Shand Cycles

Top tube cable stop :twisted:
DSCF2273.jpg

Upper seat stay cable stop and canti boss removal :twisted:
DSCF2275.jpg

Lower seat stay cable stop :twisted:
DSCF2277.jpg

caliper mount and brace :twisted:
DSCF2280.jpg

Rationale:

Like Explosifs.
Fed up with rim brakes.
Don't like hydraulics on a bicycle.

Next steps - build up to try it out and get it dirty. Short travel Pace RC35 forks, front disc equipped, then and only then, consider repaint options :mrgreen:

This is interesting!

Liking it. My bro has a 2009 Fire Mountain with cable dics, think they are avids. Highly regarded in reviews and i've been erally impressed with them as well in use.

Back