Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:41 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
velomaniac wrote:
Very Nice bike


Cheers V.

Should get this finished within the next week or so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 18
Location: somewhere in the woods
I've just started to restore my 531 framed version of the team bike. Slightly different decals and suntour xcd groupset. Many many happy muddy miles spent on it and I hope to do a fair few more. Glad to see somebody else has got one I thought I had the only one as I've never been able to find any info on them. I hope to get out on a few retro rides in the future :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:01 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:41 pm
Posts: 25
Location: Raleigh Land
Sounds just like me mate, I did all sorts of crazy stuff on my Mustang assuming it could take the pounding the richers boys bikes could :shock: keep them piccies coming :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:06 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Yateley, Hants.
raleighboy wrote:
I've just started to restore my 531 framed version of the team bike. Slightly different decals and suntour xcd groupset. Many many happy muddy miles spent on it and I hope to do a fair few more. Glad to see somebody else has got one I thought I had the only one as I've never been able to find any info on them. I hope to get out on a few retro rides in the future :D


This was the one I wanted, any pics you can post now?

Carl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 18
Location: somewhere in the woods
Sorry not at the moment. I got it back from the blasters yesterday so not much to look at at the moment. I'm having problems finding anything out about it though. I need all the frame stickers :( god knows where I'll get them from??? Does anyone know how rare the 531 model is??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:25 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Yateley, Hants.
raleighboy wrote:
Sorry not at the moment. I got it back from the blasters yesterday so not much to look at at the moment. I'm having problems finding anything out about it though. I need all the frame stickers :( god knows where I'll get them from??? Does anyone know how rare the 531 model is??


Very I believe, I only ever saw one hung on the wall of Fleet Cycles.

Carl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:33 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 18
Location: somewhere in the woods
Well Carl if you want one there is one for sale on e'bay at the moment. It got a day or so to go and its only at a fiver. Need decals and tidying but its all there I think and it is the 531 model. I never realised how rare it was until recently and didn't even know it was 531 till earlier this year. Thats when I realised I had something nice and it was time to restore it :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Posts: 3050
Location: Yateley, Hants.
raleighboy wrote:
Well Carl if you want one there is one for sale on e'bay at the moment. It got a day or so to go and its only at a fiver. Need decals and tidying but its all there I think and it is the 531 model. I never realised how rare it was until recently and didn't even know it was 531 till earlier this year. Thats when I realised I had something nice and it was time to restore it :D


That one is way too big for me, why did people buy 23" MTBs?
I am sure there is a later model too that crossed over with the Techniums, possilbly a 1990 model that had slightly different geometry and was fitted with a t-bone stem. My mate had a Cajun fromt eh lightweights range and I am sure that was fitted with a t-bone stem.

Carl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:23 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:04 pm
Posts: 18
Location: somewhere in the woods
I think mines a 23" I'm 6' 4" so thats why I got a big frame :D But I do agree smaller frames look nicer.
Has anyone got any pics of the 531 model as I need to get some new stickers made and only have one very bad pic as reference.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 pm
Posts: 612
Location: Lazy Town
Technium was a range of bikes imported from Raleigh USA.

There was no conection with Team Raleigh. However, Raleigh Special Products continued to produce frames either brazed Reynolds, Bonded as per Dyna-Tech and finally welded titanium.

There were a number of these, at various times which formed part, of tye catalogued range.

All of this came to an end in 2001 with the closure of the Special Products Division.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoyBurning, DynaCol, Jaggs, kermitgreenkona88, kingbling, mechagouki, Spanky22b and 45 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group