1990 Puch Scout (was: What do I have??)

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok, I just finished my latest project. And as I think most serious bikers will have at least doubts about putting any work in this thing, I thought I would make a little quiz first and see if you know what it is. The next two pictures are 2 stickers on it, but I photoshopped the brand away:
DSCN3171sms.jpg
DSCN3172sms.jpg

btw: I just make a little round through the neighbourhood on it and I really like it!! This weekend I will try a local trail!

Oh yeah, and I think 'hi-tech' is, in this case, a synonym for 'hi-ten'. Bianchi made -- or had made for them -- a lot of rubbish.

Well, I am sorry to say that you are not right, but I doubt if that has any influence on your judgement. Tonight I will upload some pictures with the spec.

thecannibal":3f34wdy2 said:
Oh yeah, and I think 'hi-tech' is, in this case, a synonym for 'hi-ten'. Bianchi made -- or had made for them -- a lot of rubbish.

The second pic clearly suggests that 3 main tubes are chromo (chrome molybendium).

thecannibal":2vt4j2sv said:
I was going by colour scheme, paint type, reference to its sh*tness and the fact there aren't many Italian mtb manufacturers. A quick google search confirms my suspicions:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/epocaricambi/WebBici/FotoBici/CityBikeBianchiStoneUs_1.jpg

Case closed.

Senri":2vt4j2sv said:
Well, I am sorry to say that you are not right, but I doubt if that has any influence on your judgement. Tonight I will upload some pictures with the spec.

:LOL: :LOL:
Next! :p

Senri":22cq7776 said:
Not right on the manufacturer front or the quality? My second post does read a little harsh, but I thought this:
Senri":22cq7776 said:
I think most serious bikers will have at least doubts about putting any work in this thing
meant you thought it was tat, therefore corroborating my thoughts that it was one of Bianchi's low end models. My link broke, but they do have exactly the same tubing decals, similar colour schemes and orange peel paint finish.

My mistake on the hi-ten front, kinda. Obviously has cro-mo maintubes ("3 tubi").

Why won't you tell, FluffyChicken? That's the game!

Back