My bikes Mongoose, GT, Kona, Orange content

Mossy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello

I've been reading, posting and buying here for 6 months now, so I thought it's about time I posted some photos at long last! Nothing special really and I do note that the bikes need a good clean and fettle :oops:

The first bike is my trusty old '95 Mongoose Iboc zero G which I bought second hand as new that same year – must admit it’s a touch tooo big for me, but I love it all the same. :D

The '92 Avalanche and the '95 Kilauea are my recent purchases and both are in great condition and are riders for the Misses and myself. I just wish the GT was a little bit bigger. The Kilauea was one bike of many I always wanted back in the early / mid nineties.

The '93 Lava Dome and '97 orange P7 are my projects. I've just about got all the bits'n bobs so they're both of to Bob Jackson for re-sprays next month if I can raise enough funds. :roll:

SSL10931.jpg

SSL10920.jpg

SSL10925.jpg

SSL10776.jpg

SSL10790.jpg
[/img]

nice collection. i particularly like the kiluea. my mrs would kill me if she found frames on the worktops!

i dont think she would notice the bikes on the kitchen worktops - i do most of the cooking :LOL:

only remember the IBOCs with the loop/bmx style backend

or was that the rockadile ......?

Nice collection, would like to see more pics of the Orange and Kona after their new paint :cool:

lewis1641":2o97s7eb said:
nice collection. i particularly like the kiluea. my mrs would kill me if she found frames on the worktops!

I was just thinking that myself!

very nice collection sir! my bro had a similar avalanche bitd
So what bikes you gonna get for '94 & '96? gotta have a straight run '92-'97 now ;)
You having original colour scheme done on the lava dome?

Thanks for the show of appreciation comrades.

The mongoose is definitely a mongoose. It's a Tange super lite cro-mo frame. The decals were removed when I first moved Manchester - a mistake in hindsight.

I want to keep the two tone colour scheme on the Lava Dome but not blue fade even though blue is possibly my favourite colour being a Wednesdayite! Could do with a same year velocity stem, but not essential as I have a Syncros which is nice.

I've been thinking about a rich dark metallic plum colour scheme with white decals for the Orange. I've now been gifted a pair of RC36 Evo III from the brother in Law - he's updated to some SIDs?? These are my first pair of bouncy forks :D, but my heart says go rigid and keep with the F7s. However, the Pace forks do look the business with the Orange as seen in the 'show us your citrus fruit thread'. I could do with some advice on what type of 1" ahead set to use for the Orange / Pace combo.

My Appetite for the retrobike scene started last October with a trawl on ebay looking for some old skool wheels for the mongoose with a 7 speed cassette - my appetite to get back in the saddle was back. I thought I would pick-up some dirt cheap wheels because there was only me looking for old mountain bike parts :D . This bug is costing me a fortune now, so I suppose adding a '94 and a '96 bike will make no great difference. :shock:

Mossy

Hi mate, Sounds familiar that does! Been adding to the fleet for over a year now. Oops. Makes sense to build one at a time but when ya see bits for teh others it all goes a bit mad. Its a great collection there, loving the Konas, and totally want an Avalanche!
:cool:

Headset wise, I dunno. Mine has a 2003 FSA headset, prob not best for build but works and looks ok. :)

Back