SHOGUN team issue 1988 rebuild number 4

timtim

Dirt Disciple
I have had much inspiration from this forum so i want to share my build with you.
I have had this bike from new and it has been my ONLY bike since 1988 ish.
I raced it back then in the second ever Australian mtb championships (as a novice) and ridden through desert areas, along beaches , over mountain ranges , through snow etc etc so although its only a shogun....i do have a soft spot for it.
It started life as a Tange prestige tubed , XT spec red,white,black , team issue.At the moment it is going through its 3rd colour change.
Here is the operating table waiting for a few more parts and a fresh sea blue frame.
Tim
buildpic.jpg

stem

I'm looking for a stem at the moment. Always wanted a Syncros cattle prod. Would go an Atac or FTW or Ringle trail etc. Still looking. Would prefer one with a cable hanger built in. Hubs are Bullseye rear and Chris King front. Lost the Bullseye front , t bone stem and front rim in a crash a while back. have an el cheapo stem at the moment until I find what i'm after.
More pics to come

i remember that frame as i had the next model with green and dark green metal flake paint job with xt fitted...very light frame ..i miss that bike sniffle ..theiving kkers.. :twisted: revolver cranks,shockblades,xt seatpost ...

Hi Tim.

What size stem do you need? ie, 1 inch or 1 1/8 ? If it's a 1 inch then I have a couple of Syncros cattleprod (that's the quill one right :? I always get them confused) with the canti cable hangers in different lengths. I also have a NOS T-bone stem too. Let me know if your interested and we can do a deal.

:D
Dave.

You bet i'm interested! :LOL: Not so much in the T bone but Syncros or A-tac
I need a 1 inch. Length about 135 ish in silver preferably.
Send me a pm if you can with a pic. Or post a pic here perhaps.
Thanks Tim

change of plans

I have decided to go with V brakes because of rear cable issues on the frame so the control tech cantilevers are now for sale. I will take some better pics and post them in the other forum.
This now means I don't want a stem with a hanger. So if anyone has a Syncros stem in 1 inch about 130mm long please let me know.
Tim

Prometheus":2j0u3plp said:
Hi Tim.

What size stem do you need? ie, 1 inch or 1 1/8 ? If it's a 1 inch then I have a couple of Syncros cattleprod (that's the quill one right :? I always get them confused) with the canti cable hangers in different lengths. I also have a NOS T-bone stem too. Let me know if your interested and we can do a deal.

:D
Dave.

:!: Hijack alert, hijack alert :!:
Might be interested in a 1" quill Syncros if you've got one spare mate. ;)

Back