Nuke Proof Reactor - Update page 3.

jango

Senior Retro Guru
Nuke Proof Reactor......surely the best name for a bike, ever :cool:

I always fancied one of these so when the opportunity came up to buy an intact one with forks......I dithered.....until Neilll gave me a Kick up the a@@e, cheers mate.

A nice simple build with xt739 and off we go for a couple of laps at Mayhem, the best comment I got there as I slithered my way down the sketchy descent was from a photographer near the bottom "well held mate..........what the Feck is that", "Nuke Proof" I replied, made me smile.

Attachments

• NP2.jpg
    NP2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 14,305
  • NP1.jpg
    NP1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 14,305
some more

Attachments

• NP6.jpg
    NP6.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 14,301
  • NP5.jpg
    NP5.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 14,301
  • NP4.jpg
    NP4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 14,301
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

That is awesome. I wondered what had happened to that frame after it dropped in an out of view both in here and eBay.

Would love to see some more close ups of the spring mechanism. What type of damping is it? is it some sort of elastomer like the girvins? What kind of travel does it have?

Freaking cool. Never seen another one. (other than the bare frame that kept coming up stateside)

:D
Dave.

Would love to see some more close ups of the spring mechanism. What type of damping is it? is it some sort of elastomer like the girvins? What kind of travel does it have?

Tucked up inside that enormous head-tube is a RockShox Coupe Deluxe coilover shocker........as normally found on the rear of a full susser :shock:

I'll get some better detail pics on the weekend.

Tucked up inside that enormous head-tube is a RockShox Coupe Deluxe coilover shocker........as normally found on the rear of a full susser :shock:

I'll get some better detail pics on the weekend.

Cool. Don't know why but I wasn't expecting that. Good thing is that you could probably have a good choice of modern replacements/upgrades and it's tucked away out of sight :cool: .

Cool. Don't know why but I wasn't expecting that. Good thing is that you could probably have a good choice of modern replacements/upgrades and it's tucked away out of sight .

The thought of a modern Fox air unit had crossed my mind............ :LOL:

nice!

the frame looks a lot like my Nuke, but this one ain't titanium right?

DSC06146.jpg

Nice to see it finally 'outed' mate :cool:

Now get the decals sorted ;)

Quite possibly the only living complete example in the country....good pick up :D

Back