Klein Rascal (1993)

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
There is still some way to go, and many things are not perfect - some pieces are stand-ins until I manage to get the right parts:

01• I really want a white Flite / Turbo but am using a yellow Flite for now until I manage to buy / swap one.

02• I want to source a nice pair of silver Ringle hubs (preferably already built into wheels). I have a pair of blue Ringles (one shown on front) if anyone fancies a swap!

03• The post (an incredibly generous gift from Huntso, who I'll be buying a pint whenever I meet) needs to be stripped, polished silver, re-decalled in black.

04• The chainring bolts need replacing with a new set of polished silver.

05• I need some nice crank bolts or dust caps (again, in silver).

06• The forks need re-decalling, but I'm holding off this for now until I decide whether or not to spray the frame (the forks will be colour-matched).

07• The tyres will be Smoke / Dart, rather than those fitted. Decided against using the Psychos.

08• I'd like to replace the levers with something else at some point, but they'll do for now.

09• The thread is too short on the Ringle seat QR, which means it's currently fitted without the cam plates - not good, so will need to source another.

10• Valve-caps will be replaced by white die once I have fitted tubes.

11• I need to source some white cable outer...

That's it really I guess. Obviously all cables need fitting, pads set up, etc but it's getting there.

The idea was always to have the bike (whether resprayed or not) fitted with solely silver components. These allow the frame to stand out as they fade to the back, and I have never liked the MC1 set-up on the Rascal. It looks far too big for the 1" headset in my opinion. Fine on an Adroit / Attitude / Adept, but not a Rascal.

Just a quick note.

I have tried to name everyone I bought bits from on the specs sheet.

However, some people I can't remember or find, despite spending ages searching on here and through my PayPal receipts!

Please let me know if you recognise anything and I'll add your name!

The most glaring at the moment is the bars! Who sold me those?!

I remember it was from a bulk order that a member generously arranged to be shipped in from abroad, and they then went about forwarding them to everyone who had wanted one. I'm really sorry - please let me know who you were!!

BoyBurning":25t44jz3 said:
The most glaring at the moment is the bars! Who sold me those?!

I remember it was from a bulk order that a member generously arranged to be shipped in from abroad, and they then went about forwarding them to everyone who had wanted one. I'm really sorry - please let me know who you were!!

I did a bulk bar order for Syncros bars last year or the year before, distributed about 11 pairs but your name is not on my spreadsheet unless you've changed your username? (yeah I keep good records :oops: :LOL: )

neilll":3mapdb1a said:
yeah I keep good records :oops: :LOL: )

Not that good or you'd know whether it was last year or the year before...

:LOL: ;)

Payment was sent to DanPitt123.......... but I don't know the username on here!!

Judging by your first post, the first thing you'll need for this ride (race?) is good brakes. ControlTech canti's are not good brakes.

Pretty? Yes.

Good? No.

I'd stick some bog standard Shimano type canti's on for the Big Dog.

Back