94' Cannondale M600 (100% finished)

stoner

Retro Guru
Hi all, had this bike from new and decided to put the Pepperoni's back on and with the help from clockworkgazz managed to get the 1.1/4 parts i needed with the addition of a nice Coda chainset.

Decided to use the bike as a light tourer, audax tarmac basher, Badboy style hence the 1.5 rubber.

The bike is getting on a bit and due to the fact it's a 3.0 series don't want to risk damage to the frame by heavy off road use.

Hope you like...

How the bike was-

hills006.jpg

How it is now-

DSCF4097.jpg

DSCF4099.jpg

DSCF4102.jpg

Also a big thanks to toadoftoadhall tech guru..

Just popped the bike on the scales this morning, was wondering what she weighed after removing the suspension fork and with the addition of a rack...

26.45lbs

I was quite shocked with that, she feels alot lighter...

Build Spec:

94' Cannondale 3.0 series M600 frame
1.1/4 Pepperoni fork
Mavic X517 rims, DT stainless spokes, Deore M510 hubs
Magura HS33 brakes and levers
Coda 502M chainset
Deore front & rear mechs
Sram chain & 9 speed cassette
Coda seatpost
Ringle Zooka stem
Chris King headset
Kore race bars
Deore shifters
Club Roost grips
Unbranded 26x1.5 semi-slick tyres from Halfords

cool. chainset is sweet.

i have just been shockked at the weights of my bikes but i think it is the result of being lied to for years. people/companies saying "its 24 lbs" when in reality it is 26!

weight

They always weigh bikes without pedals, so there is at least another pound, thouse original spds weigh a tonne, and the saddle and rims look hefty too .BB's and cassettes and mechs can add a serious amount of weight as can those Magura brakes, generally another pound on top of V's at least.

lewis1641":1cpqmbm7 said:
cool. chainset is sweet.

i have just been shockked at the weights of my bikes but i think it is the result of being lied to for years. people/companies saying "its 24 lbs" when in reality it is 26!

There was a post talking about bike weights before and someone who worked in a shop had a scale with a witty name. For the life of me I can't remember the name :roll: something like dream destroyer or summat

Anyway back on topic :oops: I like your thinking behind the build, I also had a 3.0 series and built it up I was so worried about breaking it that I sold it :? This seems like an ideal compromise :cool:

New tyres might save a bit of weight then maybe seat and post?

Also waiting on a set of SKS guards that should protect the frame a little more.

Post more pics when fitted.

Back