Finally Finished my Funk rebuild!!!.....

Mother Hucker

Dirt Disciple
..... this spring!

Hello.

Not been on for a while as I have had no bike to use. My wife having 'acquired my gorgeous Santa Cruz Bullit because being a short ar$e the geometry fits her better'.

The funk was for her but I am the one using it.. Never mind, 'tis a lovely ride...

Gave up trying to source original forks so got brave and put on some not too long travel Manitou Axels...

Stuck with the stars and stripes scheme..

It is a bit IN YER FACE Bike, but funk always were.. Still lust after the hot bubblegum pink one they touted in early ads. Still have the brochure somewhere.

Other kit includes a hope front disc and HS33 rear brakes...
White Combat 'built like a tank rims' and Easton bits....

Not a retro rebuild, but seems to all fit.

Rides good too,

Thanks

Steve

:shock:

I want to hate it. I really do. Every fibre of my body is telling me that it's awful.

:cool:

But I actually think it's kinda cool in an odd kind of way.

Forks look a bit long, saddle flag theme clashes with the frame, disc/rim brake combo don't go ... but oddly the thing that my eye keeps being drawn to is the stem. It's so .... boring. ;)

Oh, and get some red ano chainrings. :LOL:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Gobsmacked!

Cool frame, just feel that it is really busy with lots of different things going on. The style of the frame is enough to carry the bike and IMO would look cool if the rest of it was toned down a bit. Fork makes it look odd!

(Edited after being told off by Kaiser!)

Nothing constructive fellahs? Steve I'd change the forks and the chainset out for a start, that fork is still far too long, reckon you would need something 50mm max?

Latest posts

Back