BIKE TECH-HIKARI now finished & complete

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
This is unfinished but most of the bits are on it..

It was a recent E-bay find. I have wanted a Bike tech since the early 90's and this was spotted by a fellow retrobiker and put on the e-bay/auctionwatch section.. :cool:

Anyway it was in quite a mess when i picked it up and came with a full 93 LX groupset.. I had the frame re-painted a dark mettalic burgundy. And i wanted silver parts for the build to stand out againgst the paint..

So as luck would have it a kind gent on here was selling this earlier NOS LX stuff which i think is much classier than the later black LX..SOLD to me!

Ill update as i add cables and finishing parts to it...

Attachments

• Bike Tech Hikari 055.jpg
    Bike Tech Hikari 055.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,150
  • Bike Tech Hikari 053.jpg
    Bike Tech Hikari 053.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 3,150
I'm sure there was a bike shop called Bike-Tech in Exeter which used the same font. Coincidence?

Great paint job BTW :D

Thats nice joe, whats the biketec story? What tubeset is it?

nice - like it :)

wasn`t Bike Tech from Germany - founded by Markus Storck and the frame he used came from Toyo ?

Tubing

kaiser":2japrzqi said:
Thats nice joe, whats the biketec story? What tubeset is it?

The tubing is TANGE-ULTRASTRONG and im anxious to find a new sticker for this frame.

The paint is powder coat and i had the original Tange Struts and Ritchey stem painted to match with a silver flake lacquer over the top..

The pics dont do the paint justice :(

Im pleased with the frame resto because it was in a pretty messy cosmetic state when i got it!

Ill keep updating when i have added the finishing parts ;)

yes

magas":3ft091lu said:
nice - like it :)

wasn`t Bike Tech from Germany - founded by Markus Storck and the frame he used came from Toyo ?

yes to both fella :D

the frame looks scarily like early 90's steel Rocky Mountains :?:

think they shared the same builders over at TOYO.

That's really nice Joe, liking the colour and yes, older LX is nicer than the black stuff I reckon, maybe a nice DX rear mech to round it off?

I'm on constant lookout for an ultrastrong decal for the Hot - I'll keep you posted if I find any ;)

Re: yes

slimjoe":17xb5ckh said:
the frame looks scarily like early 90's steel Rocky Mountains :?:

think they shared the same builders over at TOYO.

I was thinking the same ;)

my RM Equipe looks almost the same.

Back