1994 Clark Kent Cromag - New Pics 01/09/09

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All,

I recently bought the above from Haggis who I think had bought it from Slimjoe so I think I’m the third owner!

I have been able to find little about these frames other than whats on the tinterweb about the collaboration between Pat Clark and Dean Kent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark-Kent_(Bicycles)

I believe that this frame started life in Canada around 1994. The first picture shows the frame pre refinishing in the UK.

clarkkent001.jpg

Slimjoe had the frame beautifully refinished in the UK and the paint is an amazing metallic grey with an electric blue through the decals.

clark_kent_009_169.jpg

I’ll update once I have some new pictures.

Cheers for looking,

Mark

Right.......

Well overdue an update on the build and I am glad to say I am finished......for now :LOL:

Spec >>

Frame: Clark Kent Cromag (F14)

Fork: Cannondale P Bone - Finished in Syncros Matt Black

Headset: Onza Mongo
Stem: Syncros
Handlebar: Syncros Easton Pro Series
Grips: Oury Clear - Bastards to fit!

Brakes: Shimano R550 - These actually work!
Brake Pads: Shimano R550
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano R550
Brake Levers: Dia Compe SS7

Shifters: Shimano Deore Thumbies
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M950
Derailleur Cables: Custom
Cassette: Shimano XTR M950
Chain: Shimano HG73
Cranks: Middleburn
Crank Bolts: Middleburn
Chainrings: Middleburn
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN 54
Pedals: TBA

Hub Skewers: TBA
Rims: F: Spinergy, R: Mavic
Hubs: F: Spinergy, R: Trusty STXRC
Tyres: Ritchey WCS

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Alpes
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Control Tech Ti

One again a bit of a mix on the build but I like :D

Maiden voyage this weekend....

Pics >>>

Once again rubbish pics but you get the idea!

P1010002-5.jpg

P1010010-5.jpg

P1010003-4.jpg

P1010005-8.jpg

P1010008-4.jpg

Thats a nice looking machine there Mark. The pepperoni looks not to bad as well surprisingly. How does it ride?

Nice, although not sure about the fork, maybe a p2 would be better suited but you can make your mind up after the first ride. you need some blue sharkbites though ;-), I used to have some but sprayed 'em black...

hi steve, thank you for the comments.

I'll be honest and say that I would prefer a steel fork but I thought i'd try something different....well to me!

Sharkbites aren't staying, just there for a shakedown ride.

Have been out today and I like - strangely totally different to my other steel bikes.....more direct?

Maybe it won't be as comfy?

Anyhoo itching to get out properly now.

More to come!

First Ride Report.

First off how the hell does anyone ride with aluminium rigid forks? Whilst incredibly direct etc they are incredibly stiff to the point of discomfort. :shock: My hands were pumped after just a few miles :LOL:

Overlooking the devils fork :LOL: the ride was excellent. Stiff to put the power down but yet flexible enough to not be uncomfortable....had I mentioned the fork.

Overall I would safely say that it was my best ride out this year so far (I won't say that too loud as my Hei Hei & Caldera might be listening :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Just two pics and before anyone notices I only started on the green route to check everything worked as it should!

Pics>>

P1010003-5.jpg

P1010004-6.jpg

Back